X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Furniture

Hi,

I hope someone here can help me.

We’re tenants and rented a property that was advertised with a proper sofa, the sofa was also in the place when we visited it. However, when we moved in, they had replaced it to a completely different one whoch is really bad.

We’ve been asking the agency to remove it so we could buy our own - which is very similar to the one that was there before.

They are refusing saying that we should have asked for it before, but how could we do this if we weren’t aware that they’d be changing it completely?

Do we have any legal grounds on it? This is just one of a series of problems we have had with this agency.

Thank you,
    Jonatas

Is there a picture of it in the inventory?

Comment

You have legal grounds.

The viewing is part of the offer made, so the agent/landlord should have made it clear that there was going to be a difference between what you were shown and what was supplied.
      Not to do so is a misleading omission.
      The agent/landlord should supply the sofa that you viewed or an alternative that you are happy to accept as an alternative.

Point them at the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Hi Berlingogirl and Jpkeates, thanks for replying to this topic.

They’ve done the inventory on the day we moved, we haven’t signed it yet. The only picture of the sofa we had is from the offer, which match we the sofa we saw when we visited.

I’ve read the Consumer Right Acts and couldn’t find an example of it to point them too, is there any part of it you suggest me to refer?

I really appreciate the help. 😊

Comment

I’ve attached both sofas, you can probably tell what’s the advertised and what’s the actual one.

Comment

Originally posted by bahandrew View Post
            I’ve read the Consumer Right Acts and couldn’t find an example of it to point them too, is there any part of it you suggest me to refer?
            Section 50 - Consumer Rights Act 2015

Also, section 6 of The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X