Not currently in UK to sign tenancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not currently in UK to sign tenancy

I have new tenants lined up for rental of property. However the lead tenant's nephew will also be living there but lead, who will be sole named on the tenancy, will be out of the country until after the tenancy starts. The nephew will be moving in prior his return with lead tenants permission.

How do I do setup the paperwork when not here to sign in person? What else to i need to watch out for

Again, thanks in advance

Btw, shortened backstory is lead tenant away because of work but he and nephew has to move out of current accommodation whilst he is away.

No such thing as a 'lead Tenant'. Get first Tenant to sign before he occupies.

Comment

If the "lead tenant" is the only person named on the tenancy, they are actually the tenant.
      Which means that anyone else is, essentially, a complete stranger who will be a guest of the tenant.

Ignoring the backstory, why would you want them in the property?
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Well everything seems to check out ok SO far, refs, finances. However, I am now thinking this is too much hassle, but it is just their personal circumstance I think. You won't always get the perfect situation. I am finding it particularly difficult finding a straight forward case this time.:-&

Comment

Send the tenant a copy of the tenancy agreement, ask them to print it out, sign it, scan it and email it back (and put the original in the post).
          When the document is received along with the first month's rent and deposit, allow the nephew to enter the property.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by srclinton View Post
            How do I do setup the paperwork when not here to sign in person?
            Email him the paperwork and ask him to sign them?

Comment

If there is gas, ensure you have evidence that tenant has received copy of GSC before tenancy starts.

Comment

I think I would insist that the tenant takes possession and the tenancy therefore begins before letting the nephew in. Otherwise I am not sure where you would stand if the tenant changes his mind after the nephew is in residence. You would have to try to prove that the tenancy had begun and this could be costly and have an uncertain outcome.

Comment

All noted. Thank you all.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X