ending a tenancy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ending a tenancy

Do I need to serve an S21 to my existing tenant to end his tenancy. The 6 month AST has expired. two years ago,can I not just write him a letter.

Yes, though a s21 by itself does not end a tenancy. No.
    I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

As KTC says assuming that the tenant is not willing to give you notice instead.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Unprofessional Landlord and Estate Agent!
        r33c3
        Hey there - TLDR; Do landlords have a responsibility to fix issues in a property within a specific amount of time? Also is it absolutely required for an estate agent to inspect a property before renting it out to another tenant?

I ask because my brother moved into a property back in June...
        04-09-2019, 21:15 PM
      • Reply to Unprofessional Landlord and Estate Agent!
        r33c3
        As an update, hopefully someone can asssist-

My brother has been visiting family and has been out of the property for over a week - he came back (the electrician was due to come while he was away) to the news that the electrician hasn't apparently fixed the plug thats sparking but has advised...
        16-09-2019, 21:06 PM
      • Objection to letting a garage
        steve-123
        I own a flat in a block that I rent out to a doctor.

I've been renting the flat's garage separately for the past two years to a builder who uses it to store work tools and equipment.

Another lease holder in the building has complained about this and is asking that the garage...
        16-09-2019, 20:26 PM
      • Reply to Objection to letting a garage
        leaseholder64
        There is probably also a clause not to sub-let any part, but even without that, I would agree that you are breaching the lease.
        16-09-2019, 20:34 PM
      • Repair costs after burglary my responsibility or not
        aco19
        Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago burglars broke into my rental property late evening. The tenants were not home. There was damage to the back door. The tenants called the police, who then called a repair man for the door. The tenants did call me, but it was 3am and I was asleep and did not...
        16-09-2019, 13:20 PM
      • Reply to Repair costs after burglary my responsibility or not
        AndrewDod
        I think we need more information from the OP to answer this at all. OP, what exactly was the condition of the entrance --

a) What was damaged exactly?
        b) What was repaired exactly?
        c) What was the minimum that could have been done to secure the door against intruders?
        16-09-2019, 20:30 PM
      • Problems with a Management Agency
        BlueMystery
        My son took a 6 month AST out in October 2018.

In March 2019, the management agency advised if he wanted to stay in the property he needed an extension to the agreement, and charged him £90 for the priviledge - although they gave him nothing in the form of new paperwork. He simply signed...
        11-09-2019, 13:32 PM
      • Reply to Problems with a Management Agency
        leaseholder64
        It's not illegal, or at least not based on recent legislation. There is a transition period in which exit charges still apply, if agreement was made before June.

There are cases where charges may be made because of exceptional arrangements, even when the new law is fully applied.
        16-09-2019, 20:23 PM
      • licensee vs tenant
        imjustbait
        i have been given 14 days notice -

i asked my friend for help and to sort things out if possible, as he works in lettings etc -

he said to be this is a licensee contract not an (AST) one - (i didnt know)

basically, i want to know what rights i have to...
        07-02-2019, 20:58 PM
      • Reply to licensee vs tenant
        imjustbait
        before this letter, I received a letter of order from the courts saying:

it is hereby heard in court that:

the licence agreement is in a different name to the claimant (or something like that)

im assuming it has something to do with the licence agreement and it...
        16-09-2019, 20:09 PM
      Working...
      X