Is it worth pursuing for rent arrears after tenant already evicted under section 21 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A ccj is seriously inconvenient and will affect the husband's credit rating.

If the husband is supporting his wife, you can (once the ccj is in place) ask the court (for £50) to summon her to agree a repayment plan.
    Even if it's a £1 a month forever, it's better than letting someone think they can get away with it.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Ah thanks jpkeates that is very helpful advice which i will follow if the arrears are not paid.
      like you said earlier, its a duty for landlords to protect one and other from such people.
      and it will also be nice to know they havent got away with it.

Comment

I suspect the wife is fiddling housing benefits. If the HB is paid directly to you and you know the husband is there the council may well ask you for the money back. I'd report her to the benefits people asap and explain your situation.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• WITHOUT PREJUDICE email
          Jeremyst
          Hi, I proposed to settle pre trial in a WITHOUT PREJUDICE headed email to the other party. They refused to settle.

Am I permitted to make the judge aware that I tried to settle in a WITHOUT PREJUDICE email, but this wasn’t agreed to? Or is it the case that because my email was headed...
          18-09-2019, 22:57 PM
        • Reply to WITHOUT PREJUDICE email
          KTC
          You can't show it to the judge, tell the judge about it, accidentally leave a copy on the judge's desk, show it to the judge in a dream, .........

If it's without prejudice save as to cost, then if you win the case and got at least as much as you offered to settled for, THEN you can tell...
          19-09-2019, 05:59 AM
        • nightmare lodger
          encona
          Hi all.

This is my first post here and I’m hoping for a bit of advice.

I’ve had a nightmare lodger recently
          • Didn’t pay his rent on time, not even once and had to be chased on every occasion and when he finally paid on every occasion he paid less than was due and had to
          18-09-2019, 16:44 PM
        • Reply to nightmare lodger
          mariner
          We need to know the details of any lodger Agreement otherwise I would say Lodger only has to pay for period of resisedencr.
          19-09-2019, 02:19 AM
        • Gov allowing tenants to buy PRS housing
          Berlingogirl
          I've just heard on the Andrew Marr show that if somebody gets in (I wasn't listening fully so I don't know who it was, I've no doubt somebody on here can name that person), they will allow tenants to buy their PRS property at a price that means the landlord will not lose out.

Surely this...
          08-09-2019, 08:25 AM
        • Reply to Gov allowing tenants to buy PRS housing
          Mogino
          You don't know that and nor does anyone else. You can guess, speculate, believe, but you don't know, anymore than anyone knows when (not if) the supermassive black hole in our galaxy will start re-feeding and if it does, it will very quickly gobble up our tiny little solar system into its void.
          19-09-2019, 01:44 AM
        • Making Small Claims Online for Overseas Landlord
          cancan
          Hi everyone,

I currently have a TDS adjudication with my ex-tenants ongoing. The tenants' deposit is 4300. The damages i am trying to claim in total is 7000. Even if i do get awarded the full deposit, i'm still short 2700. Im wondering if Small Claims via Money Claim Online (MCOL) is available...
          16-09-2019, 19:24 PM
        • Reply to Making Small Claims Online for Overseas Landlord
          Mogino
          Yes you do. You (and every one of us) always has a choice. We just don't often think we do, or we don't like the choices.
          Even a mugger who demands you hand over your money or he will knife you, is giving you a choice.
          Your situation is entirely of your own making, through a series of choices...
          19-09-2019, 01:23 AM
        • Eviction notice s21
          Propertygoesup
          I refer to the checklist here:
          https://markprichard.co.uk/content/d...ecker-tool.pdf
          ​​​​​​The AST began in July 2015 and was 12 months. Nothing has been signed since.
          On question 6 I am not sure which answer to follow.
          There is a mention...
          18-09-2019, 21:32 PM
        • Reply to Eviction notice s21
          AndrewDod
          Not 100% sure what your question is -- you have I think answered it in your first sentence.

This flowchart really shines light on the joke that L&T legislation has become - nothing at all to do with protecting actual tenants or anything at all logical or purpose-driven -- just a Kafkarian...
          18-09-2019, 21:50 PM
        Working...
        X