Is it worth pursuing for rent arrears after tenant already evicted under section 21 ?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A ccj is seriously inconvenient and will affect the husband's credit rating.

    If the husband is supporting his wife, you can (once the ccj is in place) ask the court (for £50) to summon her to agree a repayment plan.
    Even if it's a £1 a month forever, it's better than letting someone think they can get away with it.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).


      Ah thanks jpkeates that is very helpful advice which i will follow if the arrears are not paid.
      like you said earlier, its a duty for landlords to protect one and other from such people.
      and it will also be nice to know they havent got away with it.


        I suspect the wife is fiddling housing benefits. If the HB is paid directly to you and you know the husband is there the council may well ask you for the money back. I'd report her to the benefits people asap and explain your situation.


        Latest Activity