Obtaining an address for servicing notices from my ex-landlord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obtaining an address for servicing notices from my ex-landlord

I will be suing my landlord about a week or 2 after I leave, and I am wondering if, from a legal perspective, I can still use the same address for servicing of documents & notices, as on our rental contract. Since they (probably?) aren't obliged to keep us up to date with their address after we leave I am in doubt I can make this assumption. The 2nd option would be to use HM Land Registry and use the address that is on there. Which one should I use for servicing of notices?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Last known address is all that is needed.

Comment

Use the address on your Lease for 'service of Notices'.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
        Use the address on your Lease for 'service of Notices'.
        Thanks for response, I was planning on doing this, but I was just wondering if it can still be considered a valid address for servicing notices, after I've left.

Comment

If the claim is related to the tenancy, you are probably safe doing so.

If the landlord is a registered company, you can always use the company registered address.
          I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X