Need to contact universal credit due to tenant arrears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to contact universal credit due to tenant arrears

Does anyone know of any contact details for universal credit for landlords. I have a tenant who is late with rent and said he is now on universal credit. Every number and email I have had for universal credit seems to now be no longer valid. I am wanting to confirm that I will be getting paid direct as he has suggested but I don't want to be in a position of losing another months rent if he has been untruthful as this has happened to me in the past with a tenant.

Have you completed and submitted Form UC47. This can be completed once tenant is 2 months in arrears. The dwp will then advise the tenant that you have requested that the housing part of the benefit be paid directly to you. The tenant can dispute this of course and state that the 2 of you have come to an alternative arrangement, which my horrid tenant did. I had already given them 2 months notice so the fear of losing part of their benefits forced them to leave. I called 0800 328 5644 it is a recorded message and you will eventually get through. They will not be inclined to give you much info though because of GDPR. If they are going to pay you, you should receive a confirmation email. Good luck

Comment

The tenant owes the rent.

Serve notice and advise the tenant that they're responsible for the rent, and it doesn't matter to you where they get it from.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Here is the Private Landlord Guidance to UC:
        https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-for-landlords

You want section 2.8 regarding Alternative Payment Arrangements, click on the link there.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
          The tenant owes the rent.

Serve notice and advise the tenant that they're responsible for the rent, and it doesn't matter to you where they get it from.
          Agree totally with this, taking him out of the loop may solve a part of the problem for now but this issue is not UC..... it's the tenant.

Comment

Sorry but I have to disagree.

There are tenants who are not going to pay rent. It doesn't matter if it's wages or if its benefits - they are not going to pay it.

Then there are tenants who are stuck with the vagaries of UC, they want to pay you but the DWP are messing them about.

In the end it depends on your attitude of what the real problem is.

Comment

T Iiable for rent on due date.
              Serve a s8/s21 when permitted.

Comment

Try contacting your local authority, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X