Access to garden shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access to garden shed

I am in temporary accommodation via my lha, they have placed me.in a bungalow through a private landlord, there is no storage in the property however there is a large metallic shed in the garden the lha have told me I can't have access to the shed as the landlord is storing his stuff in there, I have politely pointed out that as the tenant I have a right to.use the shed but the lha are asking me to provide the legal legislation stating this

What sort of temporary accommodation?
    Do you have an AST? between you and the private landlord? What does the AST say?
    Are you paying?

Comment

You only have a right to use the shed if it included in the tenancy agreement.

Comment

You have no Right for access to the shed, you are LHA temp accom. (LHA is the T). Sounds like LL has excluded shed from the contractual TA.
        Just be grateful LHA did not put you in a 1 room B&B.

Comment

Mariner you are naive -- maybe one day folk will suddenly express daily gratitude to the hard working people who provide for them (and who often cannot provide for their own children as a result) - instead of complaining about the fine details of what they get.

But not today.

Comment

AD, in what what what way was I naive in my reply?

Comment

Merely a clumsy attempt at irony. There was nothing naive.... (I had 'liked' your reply).

Comment

i had a property and i was storing things in the shed as we couldnt move everything we made a special agreement to say the shed was out of bounds and wqs padlocked.
                however, shed was emptied and knocked down and lots of things went astray (my books and things like that ) by one of the tenants, never a good idea to leave a shed with things in it,.

Comment

I would also say that it depends on what is in your tenancy, i gather it is with the LHA and not the private landlord, i would suggest though that if you did insist on access to it against the express wishes of the ultimate owner (private landlord), then at the earliest opportunity i would be requiring you to leave and i guess you would then end up in a 1 bed squat, your choice i guess.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Moving back into a property I rent out rooms in
                    by amy131
                    I moved into rented accommodation after returning to full time study and currently rent out all bedrooms in a house I own that had been my main residence. I have a residential mortgage with a consent to let. The tenants have ASTs which have gone past the fixed terms so are all rolling monthly now. One...
                    10-04-2020, 03:17 AM
                  • Reply to Coronavirus - no rent payments due to self-isolation
                    by Stew
                    As mentioned above reading between the lines the agent may have contacted after yourself and applied some pressure with threat of eviction on behalf of the landlord. This is maybe the reason for the change of attitude.

Some RGI companies such as direct line (I believe) are not processing...
                    09-04-2020, 23:29 PM
                  • Coronavirus - no rent payments due to self-isolation
                    by AustralianGuy
                    I have an investment property I have been renting out for five years. I use the services of a letting agent who provides a full management service. This includes vetting prospective tenants and providing a rental guarantee and eviction service if the tenants fail to pay the rent. It is expensive as...
                    08-04-2020, 19:51 PM
                  • Reply to Lodger eviction
                    by Stew
                    Hi I would check your lodger agreement, even if this was a HMO I don't believe she would be entitled to sleep on the sofa. Personally I would class this as unreasonble unless she is ill and cannot climb the stairs but you mention it's a flat.

Getting the other documents sent to your partners...
                    09-04-2020, 22:54 PM
                  • Lodger eviction
                    by 2Toasty
                    A lodger moved in to a spare room 2 months ago. I was going to be there 3/4 times a week. I live elsewhere. We share utility bills equally. What she didn't mention at the interview was that she is very asthmatic, convalescing from an op, and prone to chest infections. Aged 66, she is now on the very...
                    08-04-2020, 18:21 PM
                    by 2Toasty
                    Hi Stew Thanks for taking the time to answer, and all the other replies.

Yes it is my own place. Council tax paid by me, and all utilities in my name. Other statements go to my partner's place. She is not registered at my address with banks or anything else.

We have a...
                    09-04-2020, 22:07 PM
                  • Reply to Changing AST from joint to single
                    by rupert206
                    Thanks for all the responses so far. Appreciated. So the tenant who is currently living at the property has asked me that she wants a new ast in sole name as she is no longer with partner.

Do i tell her that i need a written letter from her partner who is no longer at the property? Once...
                    09-04-2020, 21:54 PM
                  • Changing AST from joint to single
                    by rupert206
                    Hi all,

I had a periodic AST with my tenants in a joint name. Recently the tenant has split up with her partner and has requested a new tenancy agreement to be drawn up in a single name.

Is this necessary or can the existing periodic agreement continue?

If it is...
                    09-04-2020, 17:46 PM
                    by Stew
                    Hi 2Toasty

So I noticed in your first post you wrote "I was going to be there 3/4 times a week", is this your own house that you bought and previously lived in full time and is the other place you stay a partners house and you have not legal ownership over it? - If this is the...
                    09-04-2020, 21:16 PM
                    by hamilton
                    No good deed goes unpunished!...
                    09-04-2020, 20:44 PM
                  Working...
                  X