Access to garden shed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access to garden shed

I am in temporary accommodation via my lha, they have placed me.in a bungalow through a private landlord, there is no storage in the property however there is a large metallic shed in the garden the lha have told me I can't have access to the shed as the landlord is storing his stuff in there, I have politely pointed out that as the tenant I have a right to.use the shed but the lha are asking me to provide the legal legislation stating this

What sort of temporary accommodation?
    Do you have an AST? between you and the private landlord? What does the AST say?
    Are you paying?

Comment

You only have a right to use the shed if it included in the tenancy agreement.

Comment

You have no Right for access to the shed, you are LHA temp accom. (LHA is the T). Sounds like LL has excluded shed from the contractual TA.
        Just be grateful LHA did not put you in a 1 room B&B.

Comment

Mariner you are naive -- maybe one day folk will suddenly express daily gratitude to the hard working people who provide for them (and who often cannot provide for their own children as a result) - instead of complaining about the fine details of what they get.

But not today.

Comment

AD, in what what what way was I naive in my reply?

Comment

Merely a clumsy attempt at irony. There was nothing naive.... (I had 'liked' your reply).

Comment

i had a property and i was storing things in the shed as we couldnt move everything we made a special agreement to say the shed was out of bounds and wqs padlocked.
                however, shed was emptied and knocked down and lots of things went astray (my books and things like that ) by one of the tenants, never a good idea to leave a shed with things in it,.

Comment

I would also say that it depends on what is in your tenancy, i gather it is with the LHA and not the private landlord, i would suggest though that if you did insist on access to it against the express wishes of the ultimate owner (private landlord), then at the earliest opportunity i would be requiring you to leave and i guess you would then end up in a 1 bed squat, your choice i guess.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X