Access to garden shed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access to garden shed

I am in temporary accommodation via my lha, they have placed me.in a bungalow through a private landlord, there is no storage in the property however there is a large metallic shed in the garden the lha have told me I can't have access to the shed as the landlord is storing his stuff in there, I have politely pointed out that as the tenant I have a right to.use the shed but the lha are asking me to provide the legal legislation stating this

What sort of temporary accommodation?
    Do you have an AST? between you and the private landlord? What does the AST say?
    Are you paying?

Comment

You only have a right to use the shed if it included in the tenancy agreement.

Comment

You have no Right for access to the shed, you are LHA temp accom. (LHA is the T). Sounds like LL has excluded shed from the contractual TA.
        Just be grateful LHA did not put you in a 1 room B&B.

Comment

Mariner you are naive -- maybe one day folk will suddenly express daily gratitude to the hard working people who provide for them (and who often cannot provide for their own children as a result) - instead of complaining about the fine details of what they get.

But not today.

Comment

AD, in what what what way was I naive in my reply?

Comment

Merely a clumsy attempt at irony. There was nothing naive.... (I had 'liked' your reply).

Comment

i had a property and i was storing things in the shed as we couldnt move everything we made a special agreement to say the shed was out of bounds and wqs padlocked.
                however, shed was emptied and knocked down and lots of things went astray (my books and things like that ) by one of the tenants, never a good idea to leave a shed with things in it,.

Comment

I would also say that it depends on what is in your tenancy, i gather it is with the LHA and not the private landlord, i would suggest though that if you did insist on access to it against the express wishes of the ultimate owner (private landlord), then at the earliest opportunity i would be requiring you to leave and i guess you would then end up in a 1 bed squat, your choice i guess.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Long time tenants , no TA
                    Luke
                    Q1 – Where is the rented property located (England / Wales / Scotland / N Ireland)?
                    Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this e.g. sole tenant / multiple tenant / room only?
                    Q3 – What date did current TA start dd/mm/yy?
                    Q4 – How long was initial fixed term (6/12/24 months...
                    18-09-2019, 07:23 AM
                  • Finding new tenant
                    artin
                    Hi
                    Tenants are leaving so looking for new ones for a 2 bedroom flat.
                    I usually use state agents and they found 2 single guys which I met last Friday. Both engineers, mid 20s with masters degree and working for the same reasonably medium size company who employ 700 people. Both pleasant...
                    15-09-2019, 20:27 PM
                  • Reply to Finding new tenant
                    Berlingogirl
                    I'd still let to them but before doing so would make it clear that you'll be carrying out a courtesy visit in around 6 weeks/2 months to see how they're getting on and if there are any problems....
                    18-09-2019, 07:20 AM
                  • Tenant asked for child to stay in HMO
                    TracyRoman
                    I am just advertising a newly renovated HMO. I have had an enquiry from a prospective tenant who has advised (pretty last minute in our discussions) that he has an 8 year old son who stays with him Thursday night to Sunday afternoon each week.

Do landlords typically allow this? I personally...
                    17-09-2019, 05:45 AM
                  • Reply to Tenant asked for child to stay in HMO
                    Berlingogirl
                    and the ratio of people to toilets and showers.

It's all such a bad idea. My HMOs aren't safety checked for children and I've no idea if any of the tenants are on the sex offenders list....
                    18-09-2019, 07:15 AM
                  • Making Small Claims Online for Overseas Landlord
                    cancan
                    Hi everyone,

I currently have a TDS adjudication with my ex-tenants ongoing. The tenants' deposit is 4300. The damages i am trying to claim in total is 7000. Even if i do get awarded the full deposit, i'm still short 2700. Im wondering if Small Claims via Money Claim Online (MCOL) is available...
                    16-09-2019, 19:24 PM
                  • Reply to Making Small Claims Online for Overseas Landlord
                    Berlingogirl
                    I used Once white emulsion to paint over black walls and ceilings and just one coat really did cover it, and I'm no decorating expert. I also used Once gloss to cover black gloss and again it covered it. £5000 seems very high for a 2 bed property, unless it was a huge place.

£672 also...
                    18-09-2019, 07:12 AM
                  • Reply to Making Small Claims Online for Overseas Landlord
                    cancan
                    Thanks everyone. I figured I should wait for the adjudication decision - if its in my favor, then i can consider small claims. If it isn't, i definitely can forget it.

But i suppose if the adjudication is in my favor, i can start small claims , since it is possible i will not be required...
                    18-09-2019, 03:50 AM
                  • Can I Sue The Council for negligence ?
                    alenuk
                    Wondering if someone can help me here.
                    I live in Council Estate. Having a mortgage and been living here since 2002
                    Earlier this year gang of thieves entered Storage Room (doors are secured with number lock) and broken into my storage and tools worth approximately £ 2000 were taken.
                    email to council
                    16-09-2019, 19:50 PM
                  • Reply to Can I Sue The Council for negligence ?
                    mariner
                    Any non-workng Security system can have a detterence factor untll sussed eg dummy alarm boxes.
                    L has no duty to provide CCTV in communal areas and is best advised not to do so,...
                    18-09-2019, 01:36 AM
                  Working...
                  X