Changing due date for rent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing due date for rent

My tenant moved in on the 29th and so rent due each month on that date. It would be easier for her if the due date was the 1st of the month. Do I just let her pay late or if I request the pro rata difference of the extra days would it cause me any problems with the rental contract?Many thanks for advice

Just let her pay late. Changing date will give hassle in the future.

Comment

As above.
      A verbal statement by you to say that the rent is always due to arrive on or before the 29th of the month, but you understand that she may be up to 2 days late between her wages going into the bank, and being transferred to your bank may be after the 29th.

Nothing in writing, just a phone call or in person.
      Don't text or leave a voice message.

Comment

If she currently pays rent regular on or defore 29th, let her pay late to avoid confusion. Rent will only be late for up to max 3-4 days in any year.

Comment

Thank you all I'll suggest to tenant that the due date remains 29th but it's OK if she's a couple of days late

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• New LandLord - advice needed
            virtualtechie
            Hi all,

I am new landlord and wanted some advise

Basically we have let out house that we were in (we have moved to new) , i was able to let it to 2 professionals (friends) from feb 19 - sep 12 and now they have decided to leave due to their circumstances

i have...
            21-09-2019, 07:33 AM
          • Reply to New LandLord - advice needed
            AndrewDod
            3 days. And if the documents show that they (clearly) lied on the Tenancy prelims questionnaire and had they not you would not have bothered, then they don't get the holding deposit back either....
            21-09-2019, 18:42 PM
          • Cat Urine Smell
            Lucymcmullen
            Hi All, I am looking for some advise please. I've just rented a house and there is a very strong cat urine smell that is unbearable. The house stank when I viewed it but the previous tenant was still there at the time with the cats so I assumed the smell was coming from the litter box. I was informed...
            21-09-2019, 17:59 PM
          • Eviction notice s21
            Propertygoesup
            I refer to the checklist here:
            https://markprichard.co.uk/content/d...ecker-tool.pdf
            ​​​​​​The AST began in July 2015 and was 12 months. Nothing has been signed since.
            On question 6 I am not sure which answer to follow.
            There is a mention...
            18-09-2019, 21:32 PM
          • Reply to Eviction notice s21
            Propertygoesup
            I still don't get it. Is the current tenancy the AST which was for 12 months from 07/15 or is the current tenant a SPT which began automatically in 07/16? Surely the answer to this will effect the eviction requirements?...
            21-09-2019, 17:33 PM
          • Looking for a humidity monitor
            john lewis
            Does anyone know of a way of remotely monitoring humidity in the flat that we rent out? Sometimes we end up with tenants that complain about mould and I'm pretty sure its condensation because they don't ope the windows in winter.
            Cheers
            JL
            19-09-2019, 13:02 PM
          • Reply to Looking for a humidity monitor
            ash72
            My advice which I've done, is give the T a dehumifier (around £60-£100) most of the time they use it as I tell them the benefits of it both to their bills, and their health. After around 3-6 months I then remove it and tell them to buy their own if they require to have the benefit of it....
            21-09-2019, 15:17 PM
          • Recommended tenant tracing service?
            Osman234
            Hello everybody.

My tenant didn't pay rent for several months, didn't respond to communication, and then did a runner.

I have regained possession of the property and obtained a money order for the amount owing.

Now I need to track the tenant down.

18-09-2019, 11:43 AM
          • Reply to Recommended tenant tracing service?
            ash72
            Depending on how long the T has left and if they have register with a council, it's unlikely a tracing company would be able to find the person, my advice would be to wait at least 6 - 12 months then instruct a tracing agent for a more successful outcome. If you have their employer details you could...
            21-09-2019, 15:11 PM
          • Reply to New LandLord - advice needed
            ash72
            You should contact the prospective T, and tell them they have 14 days in which to provide all the information needed for the credit and reference checking, if it not there by then return any deposit, and relist for any new enquiry.
            21-09-2019, 15:01 PM
          Working...
          X