Changing due date for rent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing due date for rent

My tenant moved in on the 29th and so rent due each month on that date. It would be easier for her if the due date was the 1st of the month. Do I just let her pay late or if I request the pro rata difference of the extra days would it cause me any problems with the rental contract?Many thanks for advice

Just let her pay late. Changing date will give hassle in the future.

Comment

As above.
      A verbal statement by you to say that the rent is always due to arrive on or before the 29th of the month, but you understand that she may be up to 2 days late between her wages going into the bank, and being transferred to your bank may be after the 29th.

Nothing in writing, just a phone call or in person.
      Don't text or leave a voice message.

Comment

If she currently pays rent regular on or defore 29th, let her pay late to avoid confusion. Rent will only be late for up to max 3-4 days in any year.

Comment

Thank you all I'll suggest to tenant that the due date remains 29th but it's OK if she's a couple of days late

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• WITHOUT PREJUDICE email
            Jeremyst
            Hi, I proposed to settle pre trial in a WITHOUT PREJUDICE headed email to the other party. They refused to settle.

Am I permitted to make the judge aware that I tried to settle in a WITHOUT PREJUDICE email, but this wasn’t agreed to? Or is it the case that because my email was headed...
            18-09-2019, 22:57 PM
          • Reply to WITHOUT PREJUDICE email
            KTC
            You can't show it to the judge, tell the judge about it, accidentally leave a copy on the judge's desk, show it to the judge in a dream, .........

If it's without prejudice save as to cost, then if you win the case and got at least as much as you offered to settled for, THEN you can tell...
            19-09-2019, 05:59 AM
          • nightmare lodger
            encona
            Hi all.

This is my first post here and I’m hoping for a bit of advice.

I’ve had a nightmare lodger recently
            • Didn’t pay his rent on time, not even once and had to be chased on every occasion and when he finally paid on every occasion he paid less than was due and had to
            18-09-2019, 16:44 PM
          • Reply to nightmare lodger
            mariner
            We need to know the details of any lodger Agreement otherwise I would say Lodger only has to pay for period of resisedencr.
            19-09-2019, 02:19 AM
          • Gov allowing tenants to buy PRS housing
            Berlingogirl
            I've just heard on the Andrew Marr show that if somebody gets in (I wasn't listening fully so I don't know who it was, I've no doubt somebody on here can name that person), they will allow tenants to buy their PRS property at a price that means the landlord will not lose out.

Surely this...
            08-09-2019, 08:25 AM
          • Reply to Gov allowing tenants to buy PRS housing
            Mogino
            You don't know that and nor does anyone else. You can guess, speculate, believe, but you don't know, anymore than anyone knows when (not if) the supermassive black hole in our galaxy will start re-feeding and if it does, it will very quickly gobble up our tiny little solar system into its void.
            19-09-2019, 01:44 AM
          • Making Small Claims Online for Overseas Landlord
            cancan
            Hi everyone,

I currently have a TDS adjudication with my ex-tenants ongoing. The tenants' deposit is 4300. The damages i am trying to claim in total is 7000. Even if i do get awarded the full deposit, i'm still short 2700. Im wondering if Small Claims via Money Claim Online (MCOL) is available...
            16-09-2019, 19:24 PM
          • Reply to Making Small Claims Online for Overseas Landlord
            Mogino
            Yes you do. You (and every one of us) always has a choice. We just don't often think we do, or we don't like the choices.
            Even a mugger who demands you hand over your money or he will knife you, is giving you a choice.
            Your situation is entirely of your own making, through a series of choices...
            19-09-2019, 01:23 AM
          • Eviction notice s21
            Propertygoesup
            I refer to the checklist here:
            https://markprichard.co.uk/content/d...ecker-tool.pdf
            ​​​​​​The AST began in July 2015 and was 12 months. Nothing has been signed since.
            On question 6 I am not sure which answer to follow.
            There is a mention...
            18-09-2019, 21:32 PM
          • Reply to Eviction notice s21
            AndrewDod
            Not 100% sure what your question is -- you have I think answered it in your first sentence.

This flowchart really shines light on the joke that L&T legislation has become - nothing at all to do with protecting actual tenants or anything at all logical or purpose-driven -- just a Kafkarian...
            18-09-2019, 21:50 PM
          Working...
          X