Absent tenant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absent tenant

I have a tenant on HB who gets her council tax paid. She has said she wants to leave but can only do so if I evict her so she can get a council house. I attempted to evict her but for some reason or other the court threw it out even though she owes thousands in unpaid rent.
    i have now received a council tax demand which essentially means the council has stopped paying for my house and is paying for her at another address. This is not the first time this has happened to me. However she hasn't handed over the keys and ignores all attempts to contact her.
    I know I have to seek possession from the courts but do I have to serve her 2 months notice a section 21 or 8?

What was the reason for the court throwing it out? That would be relevant to what action you can take now.

Originally posted by Paulpopb View Post
    but for some reason or other the court threw it out even though she owes thousands in unpaid rent.

Comment

It is a myth that evicting tenants will get them a council house.

If she has returned the keys and the council are demanding CT from you them get the council to put in writing that they accept she does not live at the property. I'd get in there and get it on the market. Others may disagree.

Only let to working persons - lessens the chance of this happening again.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

My advice would be to write a letter that you will carry out an inspection later this week.

You want to make sure nothing is damaged, it will also give you an idea if she has dumped her belongings at yours.

Side issue: you don't know who she has given a key to. This puts your property at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Interlaken View Post
          If she has returned the keys.

However she hasn't handed over the keys and ignores all attempts to contact her.

Comment

Originally posted by Interlaken View Post
            get the council to put in writing that they accept she does not live at the property.
            Have you ever got a council to do that? Or even come anywhere close?

Comment

i have now received a council tax demand which essentially means the council has stopped paying for my house and is paying for her at another address. This is not the first time this has happened to me.
              Just out of interest, knowing the high risk involved, why did you continue doing it?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• licensee vs tenant
                imjustbait
                i have been given 14 days notice -

i asked my friend for help and to sort things out if possible, as he works in lettings etc -

he said to be this is a licensee contract not an (AST) one - (i didnt know)

basically, i want to know what rights i have to...
                07-02-2019, 20:58 PM
              • Reply to licensee vs tenant
                imjustbait
                before this letter, I received a letter of order from the courts saying:

it is hereby heard in court that:

the licence agreement is in a different name to the claimant (or something like that)

im assuming it has something to do with the licence agreement and it...
                16-09-2019, 20:09 PM
              • Problems with a Management Agency
                BlueMystery
                My son took a 6 month AST out in October 2018.

In March 2019, the management agency advised if he wanted to stay in the property he needed an extension to the agreement, and charged him £90 for the priviledge - although they gave him nothing in the form of new paperwork. He simply signed...
                11-09-2019, 13:32 PM
              • Reply to Problems with a Management Agency
                BlueMystery
                As an update ** I would appreciate comments on the legality of the following statement received by my son in an email from the Agents today ***

They have listed the fees they want to levy on him from his deposit and have cited the following statement

"£50 + vat for XYZ...
                16-09-2019, 20:08 PM
                KTC

How on earth did the landlord's claim get struck out when you didn't bother to turn up?

16-09-2019, 20:05 PM
                imjustbait
                I have received general form of order from the courts.

The update was, upon hearing the council for the claimant, and upon mr joe bloggs not attending....

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

1) CLAIM IS STRUCK OUT

What does that ACTUALLY mean? who came...
                16-09-2019, 19:50 PM
              • Can I Sue The Council for negligence ?
                alenuk
                Wondering if someone can help me here.
                I live in Council Estate. Having a mortgage and been living here since 2002
                Earlier this year gang of thieves entered Storage Room (doors are secured with number lock) and broken into my storage and tools worth approximately £ 2000 were taken.
                email to council
                16-09-2019, 19:50 PM
              • Making Small Claims Online for Overseas Landlord
                cancan
                Hi everyone,

I currently have a TDS adjudication with my ex-tenants ongoing. The tenants' deposit is 4300. The damages i am trying to claim in total is 7000. Even if i do get awarded the full deposit, i'm still short 2700. Im wondering if Small Claims via Money Claim Online (MCOL) is available...
                16-09-2019, 19:24 PM
              • Reply to Making Small Claims Online for Overseas Landlord
                JK0
                Ah, forget it buddy. Even if you attend, you stand little chance against landlord hating judges. But not attending? Not even worth the court fees.
                16-09-2019, 19:27 PM
              • Repair costs after burglary my responsibility or not
                aco19
                Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago burglars broke into my rental property late evening. The tenants were not home. There was damage to the back door. The tenants called the police, who then called a repair man for the door. The tenants did call me, but it was 3am and I was asleep and did not...
                16-09-2019, 13:20 PM
              Working...
              X