Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    It depends on the wording of your agreement with the agent.
    They're all different.

Leave a comment:

• Byrdewear
    started a topic Dispute about estate agent commission

Dispute about estate agent commission

Hi all,
    I have an EA from hell and I could do with a decent one for a newbie landlord who has now migrated abroad. I have had a hell of a bad time with the EA with regards to finding decent tenants and finally decided to give them the boot. The last tenant that they found was due to sign agreement over the weekend but asked for a 3rd viewing after initially agreeing about two weeks ago. I was losing patience and ended the agreement. Now the EA are claiming that the commission for the full year is due as they found the tenant (who obviously I didn't agree or contract with).
    Is that enforceable?
    Thanks,

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Did you have experience with section 8 counterclaim?
    by theartfullodger
    Was counterclaim on basis of repairs tenants claim are required, please?
    04-12-2021, 14:03 PM
  • Did you have experience with section 8 counterclaim?
    by Murielle
    Another difficult landlord situation: tenants had rent arrears. We served both section 8 and 21. Just before hearing for possession on section 8 grounds, they paid enough arrears to have it squashed ( still 1 month behind) but used a lawyer to put forward a counterclaim and date for trial is expected...
    03-12-2021, 21:59 PM
  • Reply to My legal rights about an Inspection
    by DPT57
    I dont really see the problem here. The landlord may be acting a bit dogmatically, but their request is basically reasonable. Landlords enter tenanted properties for inspection without the tenant present all the time. What are you concerned will happen?
    04-12-2021, 14:03 PM
  • My legal rights about an Inspection
    by thegypsyking
    Hi all, I am a tenant who s on a Assured Shorthold Tenancy. The agreement is for 6 months, i have already made an upfront payment for 6 months. Its been couple of months since i moved. My landlord wants to inspect to the flat next week by surveyors, but without me being involved. He wrote me that due...
    03-12-2021, 23:53 PM
  • Reply to Did you have experience with section 8 counterclaim?
    by DPT57
    Paying arrears has to be a win of sorts. What is the basis of their counterclaim? Does it have any merit?

The retaliatory eviction legislation is very specific and the tenant has to have told you about any disrepair in writing prior to the s21 notice and the Council has to serve a category...
    04-12-2021, 13:46 PM
  • Reply to help please...
    by john19
    Thank you very much for your reply and all make sense, after reading here on this forum and on the net over the last few days; what I have learnt is do as much as you can to cover yourself just incase you need to issue a section 8 or section 21 notice.

Not sure I'm going over the top but...
    04-12-2021, 13:16 PM
  • help please...
    by john19
    Hi all,

I have an estate agent collecting rent for me on a few properties (there not doing anything else, the tenants call me direct with any issues) and i am about to take this on myself to save the fees, the estate agents have agreed to this and have agreed to redo the tenancy agreement...
    04-12-2021, 09:58 AM
    by jpkeates
    I would, just on the belt and braces basis.

The issue will be that your new tenancy will be a follow on or replacement tenancy and the prescribed information relating to the deposit has a deadline relating to the original receipt of the deposit.
    You'd ideally want some evidence that...
    04-12-2021, 12:58 PM
    by john19
    Hi Ash

Thank you very much for your reply and i am getting this sent over to the dps account i have set up the estate agents told me to do this....
    04-12-2021, 12:52 PM
    by john19
    Thank you for your time and reply very grateful.

If the tenancy agreement had to be changed would i need to issue all these documents again and if i don't get proof of service from the estate agents should i issue them again?

Thank you for your help......
    04-12-2021, 12:50 PM
Working...
X