AST with guarantor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AST with guarantor

Now I have my property it will be back on the market soon.

My tenant in the shop next door wants one of his workers in there who is Romanian and the tenant in the shop will pay me directly. This worker seems fine but after the last nightmare I had in the place I will be making sure all my paperwork is in order.

The guy in the shop wants it in his name but I would rather have the worker on the paperwork (if he passes 'right to rent') and have the shop owner as his guarantor. Would you do it that way?

Also as I've never needed to have guarantors in the past can someone recommend me a AST agreement for me to buy? or what form I need to get.

The "guy in the shop" shouldn't be the tenant, because they won't be living there (so it can't be an AST).

If the "guy" and the worker are joint tenants, it could be an AST and you wouldn't need a guarantor (because the "guy" would be liable for everything anyway).

However, it just sounds more complex than usual (what happens if the worker is sacked?) which always worries me.

There's a lawcruncher guarantee deed in a sticky.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

It did cross my mind if they sacked him so I thought well if they do then the shop owner will have to cover the tab when they stop paying him. I didn't want him to turn around and say not my problem if they get rid of him or he trashes the place.

The worker is in his 50's and they have had him working for about 5 years but after the last T I had I want to cover myself.

Comment

Make the shop owner and the employee joint tenants then.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Good idea. Great advice jpkeates as always

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X