s.21 and PCOL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s.21 and PCOL

Can anyone help please? Can I use PCOL after the s.21 notice has expired? Some seem to suggest that PCOL can only be used after s.8 notices. Many thanks

PCOL can only be used for a rent based section 8

Comment

I may be being daft but nowhere on the PCOL form does it say it can't be used following a s21 notice. Also the GOV.UK website makes no mention of it not being usable. Where does you info come from? Thank you

Comment

• PCOL is a simple, convenient and secure way of making or responding to certain types of possession claim on the Internet.
        • A Civil Procedure Rules Practice Direction governs the type of claims that can be issued using the PCOL service. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with this and the contents of the User Guide before commencing issue.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I had previously read the User Guide and can find no reason in there why PCOL can't be used for a simple possession order after expiry of the s.21. Can anyone give me a definitive answer on this please?

Comment

Incidentally, if you ring the number on the government website, you get through to MCOL. After spending 28 minutes on hold, I was told they can't help with PCOL matters. Staggering ineptitude.

Comment

Originally posted by PDW1964 View Post
              Thank you for your response. I had previously read the User Guide and can find no reason in there why PCOL can't be used for a simple possession order after expiry of the s.21. Can anyone give me a definitive answer on this please?
              You've read this, and it doesn't answer your question?

Is PCOL suitable for your claim?

Please check that PCOL is suitable for your claim before you start.
              PCOL is suitable if:
              • It is brought under Section I of Part 55.
              • It includes a possession claim for residential property by - a landlord against a tenant, solely on the ground of arrears of rent (but not a claim for forfeiture of a lease); or a mortgagee against a mortgagor, solely on the ground of default in the payment of sums due under a mortgage.
              • It does not include a claim for any other remedy except for payment of arrears of rent or money due under a mortgage, interest and costs.
              • You have an address in England or Wales where documents can be delivered.
              • All defendant's have an address for service in England and Wales.
              • The claimant is able to provide a postcode for the property to be recovered.
              • You have an e-mail address.

Comment

Hi Stuart. Thanks again for your response. Yes I have read it. My point is that nothing there says IMO, that I can't use PCOL but an earlier poster informed me that it can only be used for s.8 evictions. The only possible part to rule out using PCOL is "It is brought under Sectio I Part 55". However there is no info about what this is. Confused! Maybe I should just use N5B instead. It is just that PCOL seems easier and quicker. Also cheaper. Thanks again

Comment

Section 1 part 55 refers to the Civil Procedure Rules.

Section 21 is a notice that has no grounds, so it can't ever be " a possession claim for residential property by - a landlord against a tenant, solely on the ground of arrears of rent (but not a claim for forfeiture of a lease); or a mortgagee against a mortgagor, solely on the ground of default in the payment of sums due under a mortgage."
                  When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                  Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thank you JPK. That seems to put it to bed. N5B it is then!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Objection to letting a garage
                      steve-123
                      I own a flat in a block that I rent out to a doctor.

I've been renting the flat's garage separately for the past two years to a builder who uses it to store work tools and equipment.

Another lease holder in the building has complained about this and is asking that the garage...
                      16-09-2019, 20:26 PM
                    • Reply to Objection to letting a garage
                      leaseholder64
                      There is probably also a clause not to sub-let any part, but even without that, I would agree that you are breaching the lease.
                      16-09-2019, 20:34 PM
                    • Repair costs after burglary my responsibility or not
                      aco19
                      Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago burglars broke into my rental property late evening. The tenants were not home. There was damage to the back door. The tenants called the police, who then called a repair man for the door. The tenants did call me, but it was 3am and I was asleep and did not...
                      16-09-2019, 13:20 PM
                    • Reply to Repair costs after burglary my responsibility or not
                      AndrewDod
                      I think we need more information from the OP to answer this at all. OP, what exactly was the condition of the entrance --

a) What was damaged exactly?
                      b) What was repaired exactly?
                      c) What was the minimum that could have been done to secure the door against intruders?
                      16-09-2019, 20:30 PM
                    • Problems with a Management Agency
                      BlueMystery
                      My son took a 6 month AST out in October 2018.

In March 2019, the management agency advised if he wanted to stay in the property he needed an extension to the agreement, and charged him £90 for the priviledge - although they gave him nothing in the form of new paperwork. He simply signed...
                      11-09-2019, 13:32 PM
                    • Reply to Problems with a Management Agency
                      leaseholder64
                      It's not illegal, or at least not based on recent legislation. There is a transition period in which exit charges still apply, if agreement was made before June.

There are cases where charges may be made because of exceptional arrangements, even when the new law is fully applied.
                      16-09-2019, 20:23 PM
                    • licensee vs tenant
                      imjustbait
                      i have been given 14 days notice -

i asked my friend for help and to sort things out if possible, as he works in lettings etc -

he said to be this is a licensee contract not an (AST) one - (i didnt know)

basically, i want to know what rights i have to...
                      07-02-2019, 20:58 PM
                    • Reply to licensee vs tenant
                      imjustbait
                      before this letter, I received a letter of order from the courts saying:

it is hereby heard in court that:

the licence agreement is in a different name to the claimant (or something like that)

im assuming it has something to do with the licence agreement and it...
                      16-09-2019, 20:09 PM
                    • Reply to Problems with a Management Agency
                      BlueMystery
                      As an update ** I would appreciate comments on the legality of the following statement received by my son in an email from the Agents today ***

They have listed the fees they want to levy on him from his deposit and have cited the following statement

"£50 + vat for XYZ...
                      16-09-2019, 20:08 PM
                    • Reply to licensee vs tenant
                      KTC

How on earth did the landlord's claim get struck out when you didn't bother to turn up?

16-09-2019, 20:05 PM
                    Working...
                    X