Tenant Did a Runner No forwarding address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenant Did a Runner No forwarding address

Tenant went missing after Signing 12 AST and paying £380 deposit and weeks rent £95 on 14th June. I registered deposit 20th June.Tenant made no further rent payments . On 16th July heard from Citizen advice Tenant has left and wants out of Tenancy. I agreed to him leaving. C/A sent me another letter via email signed by Tenant giving up Tenancy 16 July and returned keys by post. I am proposing to deduct unpaid rent from deposit which would leave £27 refund. I have no forwarding address. Tenant won't answer Mobile phone or reply to emails. Should I just wait and see if a dispute is raised by Tenant with TDS.?
    thank you for any advice

I'd see what happens with the deposit first.
    And then be prepared to hand over £27 if the tenant ever gets in touch.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
      I'd see what happens with the deposit first.
      And then be prepared to hand over £27 if the tenant ever gets in touch.
      WTF?

O/p should be able to charge rent until he gets a new tenant, shouldn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post

WTF?

O/p should be able to charge rent until he gets a new tenant, shouldn't he?
        It depends on the agreed terms of surrender.
        Once LL has accepted possession, then no further rent is due.
        That is why the terms should be agreed and all financial aspects settled before signing deed of surrender.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X