What documents do I need to send court in advance of hearing for possession claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What documents do I need to send court in advance of hearing for possession claim

Hello everyone,

I am preparing to attend a court hearing on 9th August regarding a possession claim I am making due to rent arrears, which I triggered with a section 8 notice (though the tenant seems to have now left the property anyway). What documents or evidence would I need to send the court in advance?

I am a member of the RLA and they have an example witness statement on their website, which refers to: 1) a copy of the tenancy agreement, 2) a copy of the section 8 notice I sent and 3) an up to date rent statement.

So those are all the documents I would need to send then?

Anybody can advise?

Comment

If the tenant has left the property, they're probably not going to defend the case, so you need 3 copies of everything (one for you, one for the judge and one for the tenant, just in case).

Contents (everything else with a big number on it).
      Tenancy agreement(s).
      Notice.
      Evidence of service.
      Evidence that the grounds you're relying on have been met.

Use a largish font so it's clear to read (but not so huge it looks like you're expecting a blind judge!)

If the tenant's moved out, you might consider forgetting it altogether and just repossessing.
      Which isn't risk free, but would save time and effort.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks. And I should send the judge's copy to the court along with the witness statement in advance of the hearing?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X