Section 8 ground 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 8 ground 1

has anybody used this grounds for eviction before? It says the following.

Mandatory groundsEdit

Ground 1: landlord taking property as their own homeEdit

Used when the landlord wants to live in the property as a permanent home. It is only permitted when the landlord has already lived in it as their main home or they, or their spouse require it to live in as his or her main home.

Evidence of this may be required, together with evidence that the landlord intends to leave their current home.

There's a lot more to the ground than that summary.
    You have to have told the tenant you might use the ground before the tenancy began, for example.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks do you know where a good place to look for examples of this grounds ? I issued a new tenancy about 8 months ago (6 month AST now periodic) with this notice in the tenancy agreement would this be considered sufficient notice

Comment

It looks to me as though the intent was that the tenant should be informed before the whole lease began.
        But the reference is to tenancy, not lease, and a new tenancy agreement would create a new tenancy, so if you gave the tenant notification before it began (in the tenancy agreement is how it's often done), you should be OK as long as the other criteria are met.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X