Letting Agents' Commissions on repairs/purchases on behalf of Landlord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MdeB - thanks for your post, but grateful if you could clarify. Are you saying that, if the agent has not obtained the agreement of the landlord to each specific commission with every supplier or contractor, then the commission belongs to the landlord, even if the the management agreement contains the clause that I quoted at the beginning (i.e. apparently all, non-specified commissions)? If I have understood your response correctly, on what do you base your comment?

Comment

Originally posted by M Clavell View Post
      Are you saying that, if the agent has not obtained the agreement of the landlord to each specific commission with every supplier or contractor, then the commission belongs to the landlord?
      . No.

Comment

MdeB - so my understanding was wrong. Grateful, therefore, if you could clarify your original post.

Comment

Originally posted by M Clavell View Post
          MdeB - so my understanding was wrong. Grateful, therefore, if you could clarify your original post.
          "underhand" suggests "not agreed"

Comment

The general agreement the landlord signed allows the agent to do what they're doing (based on the description in post 1).
            They don't have to agree every specific deal and commission.

If that agreement wasn't in place, any income generated from the principle's assets or activity by the agent should be the principle's.
            As a general principle of agency.
            Which is why I suspect the agent's contract has the wording it does.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X