Rubbish left

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubbish left

I've a tenant who has left rubbish behind and one monster wardrobe..ive an impartial inventory due do I step back and let that take place with photos etc then wait 7 days before I can remove it. As per the contract. He is ignoring my letters. I will take him to small claims for the damage to property. He hasn't paid his last months rent which I'd already clsimed through the DPS.

We don't know what the agreement says, but normally you would need to comply with the Tort Interference with Goods Act.

Comment

It says liable for removing and storing 7 days to clear.

Comment

7 days is on the short side. I have no idea whether a court would find that reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Ga Ga View Post
          It says liable for removing and storing 7 days to clear.
          That doesn't seem to give you any special right to dispose of it. It might in fact, give the tenant an extra 7 days' grace.

Comment

I would suppose it depends on your definition of "Rubbish".

'One mans trash is another mans treasure' google it.

Comment

. He is ignoring my letters..
              How long since he left? If he's been ignoring all your efforts of communication, I would sent one last text to say he's got X days to collect his belongings-after that they will be disposed of!

Comment

I will take him to small claims for the damage to property. He hasn't paid his last months rent which I'd already clsimed through the DPS.
                Although this has happened, so there's nothing to be done this time, next time, I'd suggest not doing this.

The rent is a really simple legal claim - there's not really any defence the tenant can make.
                The compensation for damage is more complex and easy to defend.
                When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

You won't fit the proper legal notice in an SMS.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X