Complaint to ARLA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complaint to ARLA

Since January I have written five times to ARLA complaining about my managing agent. I have yet to receive a single reply. I am sure that someone from ARLA reads this forum and should be grateful if they would reply.

Although it is disappointing that they haven't replied, ARLA are not a redress scheme. The proper process is to exhaust the agent's complaints process then go to their redress scheme.

Comment

It is my understanding that they are a redress scheme, and, even if they were not, ignoring five letters complaining about one of their member is unacceptable.

.I have followed the "proper process" (having sent over 30 emails and letters to the MA, and the directors)..

Comment

ARLA are not interested in cutting off the hand that feeds them - I complained to them 10 years to no avail they are a toothless organisation that sell expensive window stickers

Comment

The only possible redress schemes for letting agents are The Property Ombudsman and The Property Redress Scheme. The agent must belong to one of them.

https://england.shelter.org.uk/housi...edress_schemes

Comment

According to the ARLA website, you should (1) follow the agent's complaint procedure (2) contact the relevant independent redress scheme and if that does not deal satisfactorily with your complaint, you can complain to ARLA as long as the agent is a member. There is a complaint form online.

Comment

Thank you eagle 2, I wonder why ARLA did not inform me thusly.

I am not seeking redress or compensation, I am seeking a withdrawal/correction of the lies and false information the MA have issued in their newsletter. This appears to be more for ARLA than for an ombudsman.

They are attempting to impose a private parking scammer on residents.

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...king-companies

So far I have managed to prevent this .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X