Responsibility for overgrown bushes in front drive.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Responsibility for overgrown bushes in front drive.

The tenancy states in regards to the garden:

The tenant is to keep the garden in the same character, weed free and in good order and to cut the grass at reasonable intervals during the growing season.

The front bushes are largely overgrown as of now, whos responsibility is it to maintain the large bushes in the front garden? Are tenants only expected to do basic tasks in the garden?

Interesting question.

My own point of view is that 'the same character' and 'in good order' would include trimming bushes and hedges that form the boundry and so are a part of the garden.

If it's the boundry between two properties then whoever has the trunk in their garden is responsible for keeping it under control.

Comment

The issue will come down to, essentially, "or else".
      What is the landlord going to do to enforce that term that might have any effect?
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Unless it is a flat, the T is responsible for the whole property incl. the front and back garden. If you are the T, I would personally just keep it tidy and pruned on a periodic basis, after all it's your home while you live there. If it is the L then if the T isn't maintaining this, I would instruct a Gardner to do it periodically and increase rent accordingly as part of the overall rent.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X