Have been asked to provide furniture even though property is unfurnished

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have been asked to provide furniture even though property is unfurnished

Just wondering what people’s views are. The estate agent has found tenants for us but they are asking for a bed, sofa and cupboard to be provided - property has built in wardrobes, washing machine and fridge freezer, otherwise unfurnished. In fact, the previous tenant asked us to remove the bed that was there and we ended up throwing it away (really regretting that now). I think I’ve already decided that it’s not worth the hassle buying more furniture, it’s not something we can use against income tax and if they don’t like it, or if it breaks we have to replace.

but... it would be a relief to get a tenant in quickly. Is it worth waiting for a tenant who doesn’t want furniture provided or just buy the furniture?

You can get all of that for maybe £1000 at an Ikea sort of place so it is a negotiation "Not all tenants want - how about if I purchase and increase your rent by 1/36th of the total value per month, which will be about £30/month. If you want high quality stuff it will be more.

Comment

Say no IIWY. You've only got to dispose of it when they move out. Frankly I think your agent is a bit useless for not asking viewer what sort of property they want before showing yours.

Comment

+1 but you can rent some basic furniture (suitable for students) from some suppliers or T's can can source their requirements at their own cost (which means
        they own it, not you).
        Make sure your supplied eqpt (w/m etc) is recorded on move in Inventory.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X