Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a Court Order the same as a CCJ

Hi everyone

Unsurprisingly our tenants have failed to pay the rent owed and ordered by the courts during the possession hearing in January. They paid the equivalent of 1 installment (over 3 separate payments) and then nothing.

We fortunately had a water-tight guarantor contract and have just settled for the majority of the money owed to us. However there is still money outstanding which we refused to write off as part of the settlement. While I have accepted we will never see this money, I would like a CCJ to be recorded against out tenants. How can we ensure the CCJ is applied or will the County Court Order suffice.

Thank you

You ask the court that issued the order to register it as it has not been satisfied.

You can also ask the court (and pay a fee) to summon the debtor to court to agree how the rest will be paid.
    https://www.moneyclaimsuk.co.uk/orde...formation.aspx

As far as I know, the same process is available from the possession judgement.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Why didn't you get the remaining monies owed from the Guarantor? That way you don't need to chase the debt and you would then have the money.... just interested in knowing.

Comment

Originally posted by ash72 View Post
          Why didn't you get the remaining monies owed from the Guarantor? That way you don't need to chase the debt and you would then have the money.... just interested in knowing.
          We settled for a number of reasons. Primarily because we live abroad and therefore were dependent on a solicitor to represent us in court. Therefore the cost of persuing unpaid money was going to be approximately the same as the debt. We've written off the money but would like the CCJ recorded so our former tenants can't easily treat fair and reasonable LL in the same way they treated us.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X