Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeFL View Post
    I'm surprised at some of these responses
    Why? You've had 11.5 years of a regular income stream and it appears no outgoing costs associated to it. Guarantee that when your tenant left the property, that was the first time in 11.5 years you've been to the property.

OK, I can live with u ironed curtains, but when they had house professionally cleaned the bottom of the curtains got wet and now smell musty.
    Your tenant wasted their money professionally cleaning the property, I think you should reimburse them the cost.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable
    Well you obviously are and I don't think you'll find many who would agree with you. Even the Estate Agent you used agrees. That says something.

I've 4 days to move in now and a load to do.
    Why do anything? You were happy for your tenant to pay you to live in it without doing any maintenance, so why don't you live in it in the state it's in? If you thought the property was good enough for your tenant, it should be more than good enough for you.

Comment

I'm surprised at some of these responses and my frustration grows.
      And I'm surprised that you didn't choose 'Sheriff Fatman' as your username.

Comment

I'm surprised at some of these responses and my frustration grows.

OK, I can live with u ironed curtains, but when they had house professionally cleaned the bottom of the curtains got wet and now smell musty.

Got the letting agency to do another inventory checkout and my position gets worse. They now say everything is fair wear and tear! That includes a missing knob on a light switch, a peeling patch of paint in front room...... And they now say the carpets should have been replaced at least once in 13 years but that's not in the tennancy agreement!

I don't think I'm being unreasonable and the deposit would put everything back to the original state... Almost!

I've 4 days to move in now and a load to do.
        A question seeing as everybody on here thinks you are being unreasonable seeing as the estate agent inventory check says that you are being unreasonable, why do you think this is?

Comment

Surely this has to be a reverse - the tenant's landlord is saying this and the tenant wants to know if they are being unreasonable in refusing alld deductions?

If you are the tenant - dont give them a penny and check the deposit was properly protected.

Comment

This is an hilarious thread. Sounds like a T who did everything right except enforce their Rights.

At least the T did not leave 150 bottles of pee in the bathroom. Which has been known.
            Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
              You'd expect a spade to last about a decade (at least before the handle needs replacing)
              I would expect a spade handle to last 40+ years, unless it was left out in the rain (=damage).

And the blade of the spade to last much longer.

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
              "One window frame splintered on bottom."
              You're responsible for this repair.
              Whilst LL is responsible for the repair, if the damage was caused by action of the T or T's guest, then T is responsible for the cost of the repair.

However, if it is because it is a wooden frame that has not been painted, then LL is responsible for the cost.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X