Pets causing eviction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTC View Post

Err, how about not?... They should be the one receiving the apology, not the other way round.
    You're correct.

But just because you're in the right in life, it doesn't mean you can't choose to apologise. I've often found it prevents a situation from escalating where banging on about your rights and who "should" do what only makes a bad situation worse. What has the OP got to lose anyway?

Comment

The court in a section 8 taking it as evidence that the tenant was in the wrong and didn't actually get permission, so award possession?

Paying higher rent as you suggested?
      I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
        I bet letting agent never told landlord about dogs before letting, and they only found out when they got the inspection report.
        Totally !!!! what landlord is going to honestly allow tenants to view property, agree to take them, agree to take their pets. THEN a few weeks later say no pets you have to leave!!!

Agents didn't tell him plain and simple, sounds like they just said whatever they wanted to get you in the property. I would try to get in contact with the landlord and explain the situation, landlords are more sympathetic than you might believe.

Post back here and we can help you

Comment

The OP seems to implied that the landlord is a charity who had a change of CEO, and the new CEO don't want tenants to have dogs.

Sure the agent not having told landlord is probably the most likely, but the alternative is at least plausible.
          I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X