Company lets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company lets

My company are bringing in some Indian nationals for a few months training.

Secretary went and asked local agents and was fobbed off with nonsense like, "has to be an AST and the law says min 1 yr", I guess the agents don't need the complication.

However how complicated is it, 2 bed furnished flat for 2 unrelated people with a visa?

So 2 ASTs in staff name but UK company guarantee, HMO registration, swapping name on tenancy as we rotate staff thru.

Or is there more to it?

Letting to companies is problematic and in general not recommended. Minimum AST is 6 months not 1 year.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

I know with my LL hat on I would avoid.

But as the customer how do I resolve agent/LL concerns?

Comment

An AST can be any length up to 7 years but the landlord cant serve notice till the start of month 5. However I see the problem. This would be a risky licence but a practically impossible AST if you want to keep rotating the tenants.

Comment

Originally posted by Interlaken View Post
          Letting to companies is problematic and in general not recommended. Minimum AST is 6 months not 1 year.
          On the other hand, my brother has let (via agent) his property to a company (a well known technological giant) for the past few years with no problems whatsoever! He's found the tenants (foreign nationals) much better than former ones. Rent is always paid on time.

Comment

I suggest your company buys some properties for this purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
              I suggest your company buys some properties for this purpose.
              Companies that are not in the property business generally lease their properties. Similarly with cars.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post

Companies that are not in the property business generally lease their properties. Similarly with cars.
                Oh, well good luck with that.

Comment

Serviced apartments ....... preferable for company lets.

Comment

We are based in Ely which makes serviced apartments a challenge.

I was imagining finding a LL who knows what they are doing, thus does not use agents, then we can do ASTs, should be no problem to surrender and recreate ASTs as required.

Comment

Huge amount of admin each time you do that and only a 6 month total anyway. Also probably higher than average wear and tear. I guess a landlord might be willing for the right rent offer but if it were me I would want at least a 50% markup on the usual rent.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                      X