Tenancy start 1.6.19 not covered by Tenants Fees law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenancy start 1.6.19 not covered by Tenants Fees law?

We have tenants who signed a renewal tenancy agreement in March this year and paid the full year’s rental in May, all in connection with a tenancy start date of1.6.19. I believe that there is a possibility that this renewal is NOT covered by the new Tenants Fees legislation since the government’s own website refers to tenancies SIGNED on or after 1.6.19. However, there may be other interpretations of “entered into” or “granted” date which mean the it IS covered. Any thoughts?

Have a look at this thread: https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...ee-be-returned

Comment

Thanks for that. It appears in that case that the signing was delayed until 1.6.19, so, like the landlord, I would have refunded the fee. However, in our case, the signing and the full payment took place before 1.6.19.

Comment

Tenancy agreed before 1 June 2019, fees paid are fine, and fees as agreed applies until June 2020.
        I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X