Evidence in reply to defence statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evidence in reply to defence statement

I am suing former doggy landlord and submitted main evidence to the court with CPR part 8 claim for breaching s213 of Housing act 2004. Defendant disputed the whole claim but provided wrong information in defence statement and I have enough evidence to prove him wrong. Do I have to provide further evidence within 14 days after receiving the defence or I can submit further evidence before the hearing?

I have not received anything from court so far and don't know what direction my claim would proceed.

I don't know but am watching this. Hope you get an answer soon.

Comment

You can check with the court - just phone them, they'll be able to tell you but can't give you legal advice.

Your statement and the defendant's statement are what the judge considers. He/she will read it and think about it before you go into the court room.

The judge will then outline the case and will ask you if you have copies of each other's statements as he will need to refer to them.

Then he/she will lead the case and you will have an opportunity then to dispute any points the defendant raises and present your evidence.

Call a male judge Sir and a female Ma'm. When presenting any further evidence you may approach the bench but not say anything to you have go back to your place.

I hope this helps.

Comment

As far as I am aware, you need to provide all evidence which you will be relying on in court (hearing) to all parties, otherwise judge may not allow it - that applies to all parties.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X