Landlord furniture in unfurnished let

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord furniture in unfurnished let

Q1 – Where is the rented property located (England / Wales / Scotland / N Ireland)?
    England

Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this e.g. sole tenant / multiple tenant / room only?
    Sole tenant AST

Q3 – What date did current TA start dd/mm/yy?
    11/06/2019

Q4 – How long was initial fixed term (6/12/24 months / other)?
    6 months

Q5 – Does the TA state that rent is due weekly? / 4-weekly? / per calendar month? monthly

Q6 – Did the TA require a tenant damage deposit to be paid? Yes, one month paid at start of tenancy

Q8 – Does the landlord live in the same property as the tenant?
    No

Hi, hoping you could help.

We've just moved into a property advertised as unfurnished - when we were showed round, we were assured by the woman showing us that the furniture currently in the house was being removed before any move in, and took the tenancy based on that. We've signed the tenancy agreement yesterday, and lo and behold on the inventory is all of the landlord's furniture (two couches, dining table, two beds, a wardrobe, two chests of drawers and a crib). We've tried contacting the LL today and so far their office contact number is ringing out.

What recourse do I have? I can't move my stuff in and actually start living in this house until the old stuff which we were assured would be removed, is.

I'd tell them you aren't moving in until the stuff is removed. Do the agent perhaps have an acceptable alternative property?

Comment

Was the inventory given to you after you'd signed the AST?

Comment

What does your tenancy agreement have any clause regarding this?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X