Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice under Section 21 for pre 201 tenancies

Hello,

I have a tenant in my property but I need them to leave as I am going to be selling the property. The tenancy agreement was signed in 2012 so I do not need to use the new form 6a to evict under section 21. Is it acceptable to write a letter stating that I am seeking repossession of the property under the Section 21 Housing Act 1988 and stating tenant name, address of premises, landlord name and address and signatures? Is there any other information that needs to be included?

Thank you

Personally I'd use form 6a anyway, but if you don't there's no prescribed format - however, I'd be tempted to add section 1 and section 4 to the reference to the act (or cut and paste the reference from form 6a).
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thank you for your fast reply. I was also considering serving a Section 8 notice (ground 1, a) at the same time as the Section 21 notice as we used to live in the property.

Comment

Provided you told the tenant in writing before the tenancy began that you might use the ground, that might work, although you'd probably not be able to use it if you plan to sell the property instead of living in it.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
          although you'd probably not be able to use it if you plan to sell the property instead of living in it.
          Doesn't matter if the landlord have previously "occupied the dwelling-house as his only or principal home".
          I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Yes, it is listed under the 'possession' section in the tenancy agreement signed by the tenant. We also meet the requirement of occupying the house as our main and principal home. Thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X