Incompetent tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hudson01 You're quite right of course. I'm going to nip round for a look at the garden and deliver a rent statement. If the garden's not done I'm going to give her 2 weeks then a house inspection and take it from there.

Comment

why are you ringing the childs physio ??? be careful with this sharing of info ect -
      Like Hudson mentions - you are not a charity and you are getting way too involved -
      if shes got kids and this child with disabilty then she will most likely be getting paid a lot of money off the benefits people - enough so that she can PAY to have someone go round and clean up once a week/and do the garden
      the sofa in the garden - ring council and get it moved they may do it for free - get tenant to do it it comes under council tax people
      why have you allowed a dog to the property ?? is this in your tenancy agreement > if so its too late dogs are always bad trouble / smell and poo and dog hair all over -

Comment

Alice123 I asked her who I could contact to help the situation move along and the physio was one. But no help there. Yes, she does get loads of money and she's told me that. I prepared S8 and 21 yesterday for posting today.

Comment

I don't think you mentioned arrears BG. Are you sending s8 due to ground 13? You know we always advise just to proceed on the s21, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by alice123 View Post
            why are you ringing the childs physio ??? be careful with this sharing of info ect -
            Like Hudson mentions - you are not a charity and you are getting way too involved -
            if shes got kids and this child with disabilty then she will most likely be getting paid a lot of money off the benefits people - enough so that she can PAY to have someone go round and clean up once a week/and do the garden
            the sofa in the garden - ring council and get it moved they may do it for free - get tenant to do it it comes under council tax people
            why have you allowed a dog to the property ?? is this in your tenancy agreement > if so its too late dogs are always bad trouble / smell and poo and dog hair all over -
            I believe government policy is that everyone is a charity. It was marketed under the name "Big Society", but is one of the excuses for cutting back social service budgets. It is a concept from the Conservatives.

Strictly speaking a council should either refuse a request from the landlord, to remove rubbish, or charge their commercial waste rate for the service, as it is waste from the rental business, not the resident.

Comment

Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post

Strictly speaking a council should either refuse a request from the landlord, to remove rubbish, or charge their commercial waste rate for the service, as it is waste from the rental business, not the resident.
              I did have a case where the council removed 3 bulky items per year for free part of council tax (what they pay ) so depends which council ect but worth finding out as its waste from whoever is paying the council tax for the property be it the tenant or landlord (when empty)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Lodgers left without notice
                by Stew
                Try and look at this with a positive angle, at least they have left the house allowing you to re-let it when you can. They are not sat in situ and refusing to pay rent which would be far worse.

I was always told by another landlord there is no point chasing people that leave and don't pay...
                03-04-2020, 17:31 PM
              • Lodgers left without notice
                by hoolaholla
                I have 2 student lodgers, I am not at the property at the moment and their rent day recently passed and neither paid rent. When I enquired it transpires they have both vacated the property and are refusing to pay any further rent, their tenancy does not officially end until July. I have a 1 month deposit...
                03-04-2020, 16:52 PM
                by hoolaholla
                That isn't terribly helpful advice. I am enquiring as to my legal position and not your personal and moral opinion....
                03-04-2020, 17:29 PM
                by hamilton
                It sounds to me that you are financially over-extended, if you do not have the money in the bank to cover such eventualities. I suggest you sell up, and readjust your expectation of what life owes you.
                03-04-2020, 17:24 PM
                by hoolaholla
                I am confused by your response, are you suggesting that demanding another 4 months rent as per our agreement is the wrong thing to do? Why is it wrong if this was our agreement?
                EDIT: This was in reply to Hamilton who deleted his reply....
                03-04-2020, 17:23 PM
                by hoolaholla
                I was living there, but I have returned to the family home due to coronavirus. The house is now unoccupied, its alright for them to deny their responsibilities but I have a mortgage and without such a luxury. It is so unfair.
                03-04-2020, 17:12 PM
              • Reply to COVID-19: Court hearing section 8 vacated
                by Stew
                Given that not much can be done court wise re eviction this tenant's issues clearly had nothing to do with Covid could the landlord at least raise a money claims via the online service?

Assuming that the tenant does not have a valid concern with you as a landlord and the eviction would...
                03-04-2020, 17:10 PM
              • COVID-19: Court hearing section 8 vacated
                by syrbag
                A court hearing planned for 23 March for rent arrears vacated, tenant 5 months without paying rent, rent paid 2 months in advance. tenant not picking calls and not taking advantage of the COVID-19 situation. anyone in a similar situation and what is the best way to proceed?

'This...
                03-04-2020, 10:56 AM
                by jpkeates
                I don't know if you have a legally binding agreement or not.

If they signed a contract saying they would stay there for a period, they may be in breach of that contract.
                However, you would be entitled to compensation for any loss, which seems to be nil, it's very unlikely that the...
                03-04-2020, 17:09 PM
                by hoolaholla
                But where do I stand legally? Whatever the current crisis, we still have a legally binding agreement, no?
                03-04-2020, 17:03 PM
              Working...
              X