New How to Rent Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New How to Rent Guide

Just had an email drop into my inbox which says that there is to be a new HTR Guide published to reflect the Tenant Fee Ban coming into effect on 1st June. Unfortunately it is not yet on the MHCLG website which of course makes it all rather awkward for anyone with a tenancy starting on Saturday as it does assume that we all leave it to the last minute before providing the required documents. This government are an absolute shambles and frankly couldn't organise a proverbial in a pub.

Seems reasonable to me that it is not made available until it is to apply.

Comment

That particular document is in effect whenever they publish it. There's no such a thing as publishing it in advance.

Either give the current version now, or wait until after and give the new one.
      I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

The new version was released on Friday.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

"Nearly Legal" has posted that there have been two new versions of the How To Rent guide published since this one (which was published on 31 May).
          The last updated information hasn't changed - so no one would know.

The text changes are minor, but anyone using the 31st of May version since June 3rd have, technically, given the tenant the wrong version.
          The new versions were published on 3rd June and 29th July.

Copies are here - https://nearlylegal.co.uk/how-to-rent-archive/
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

cheers for that

Comment

£$%^&*()$%^

Thanks
              I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Yup, I had to explain to my tenant why about 175 grams of paper had to be given to him to be thrown into the bin, and 2 litres of fuel wasted to deliver it. Thanks to the people who make these laws - one cries for our planet. They are a disgrace.

Comment

Would a tenancy signed on 24th July but which started on 29th need the new booklet issuing?

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
                    Would a tenancy signed on 24th July but which started on 29th need the new booklet issuing?
                    I would, on the basis that it can't do any harm.

Comment

This is getting farcical.
                      I've signed up a tenant and had them sign to say they'd received the 31st May 2019 edition but not the 29th July 2019 'silent' edition.
                      Forewarned is forearmed, thanks JPK.

Comment

The only option seems to be to download the version and print it on the day you supply it.

Comment

that's exactly what I do for this very reason.

@boletus: is it necessary to get a tenant to sign to say they received a specific edition rather than something generic like the following which I inherited from letting agents:

'How to Rent’ guide produced by HM Government
                          If not, then it's probably pointless specifying which edition was given.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X