CCJ Register

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCJ Register

A court order for payment of rent arrears has been awarded to me by the court as part of a Possession Order. It would seem logical to me that the order is automatically logged on the register of CCJs, but apparently this does not happen. How to get this court order onto the CCJ register and how can I then check if the order has been put on the CCJ register?

How long agao was it granted? There could be a backlog at the court.

Check here to see if it would be recorded at all! https://www.trustonline.org.uk/help-...and-wales-ccj/

Comment

Check here;

https://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Judgements (usually) need to be enforced to go on the register;

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-...rce-a-judgment

Edit: Cross posted with Stef

Comment

The possession order was granted on 22nd January 2019, but
        according to the Trustonline website search,
        hasn't appeared on the register . Looking at the government web site, it would appear I can do a Money Claim Online (MCOL) which I will try next.

Comment

You need to enforce the order you have: an examination of the debtor in court is usually a good start (and will result in the registration of the existing judgment). It is iniquitous that a money judgment obtained as part of possession proceedings isn't registered like most other judgments - but those are the rules.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Grade 2 listed - requirement for an EPC
            HantsAgent
            I have a potential client who wants me to rent his Grade 2 listed barn conversion. It's a lovely property and he currently has it on the market for sale with another agent.

They currently have an EPC for it (even though I don't think they needed one) and it's score is F.

After...
            02-05-2019, 20:00 PM
          • Reply to Grade 2 listed - requirement for an EPC
            AndrewDod
            I wonder how many perfectly good buildings (and cars, and fridges, and light fittings) have been scrapped or destroyed as a result of these environmental evangelists. I suspect they are responsible for a great deal of environmental destruction (both planetary destruction and destruction of our infrastructure)....
            19-07-2019, 22:39 PM
          • HMO trouble!
            Jamesp1986
            Hi everyone,

I've been renting a property out to a family and one of their friends for the last 2 years. The council have just told me that I should have applied for an HMO licence for the property as it now fits under new HMO rules. The problem is, that I remortgaged the property as a...
            19-07-2019, 18:43 PM
          • Reply to HMO trouble!
            AndrewDod
            a) Inform the mortgage company "I have been inadvertently fallen within a potential category of HMO through no wish of my own. My understanding is that it remains a single-let tenancy as there is only one AST and one single joint tenant. I am taking steps to evict the tenants as soon as possible....
            19-07-2019, 22:24 PM
          • Reply to HMO trouble!
            KTC
            Single-let doesn't necessarily mean a single family, and HMO doesn't necessarily mean multiple tenancies. It's perfectly possible to be both single-let and HMO.

What's the definition of single-let in your mortgage? If it just mean a single tenancy, is that what you have? If not, then you...
            19-07-2019, 21:36 PM
          • S21 confusion documents not issued prior
            blinko
            Guys I have a question .

I issued a tenancy in april 2016 the tenancy agreement was signed. I gave keys to the tenancy 1st march 2016 and protected the deposit and gave him relevant paperwork BUT I didnt get any proof I issued the paperwork.

So 20th april i re did everything...
            19-07-2019, 11:11 AM
          • Reply to S21 confusion documents not issued prior
            blinko
            Of course but the challenge is not that the safety is is not being observed because for example consider the gas equipment to be faulty in the property blows up house burnt down everybody loses so so for me I would like to think that this is common sense.

requesting here appears to be and...
            19-07-2019, 21:11 PM
            KTC
            I have to respond to this.

Whether you are pro-landlord or pro-tenant, the safety of the occupiers are a hell of a lot more important than the ability of a landlord to evict a tenant without grounds....
            19-07-2019, 20:48 PM
          • Reply to HMO trouble!
            alex1
            The general rules for HMOs in England and Wales are described at https://www.gov.uk/house-in-multiple-occupation-licence:

[/LIST]So assuming that the friend of the family counts as a separate household, if there’s five or more people in the property, you probably need a licence. If there’s...
            19-07-2019, 20:43 PM
            blinko
            Thanks for your thoughts guy is so yeah this is correct that for sure I am not able to prove that I served the correct documents prior to the tenant moving in and I have served them on three other occasions since as we have renewed the ast everything has been renewed including the positive being we...
            19-07-2019, 20:30 PM
          Working...
          X