Cavity wall insulation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cavity wall insulation

Talking to my dad who like me owns a few houses and he said the tenant asked about cavity wall insulation from a cold call, and this got the cogs working what if the tenant had authorised
    the insulation and he said no,now me being a builder as well i hate the stuff and the problems its causes but what action could he take
    Removal of it is not cheap and could the tenant use the green ozone as some get out clause in today eco envoirment and would a council agree with me if they got involved being all for the ozone
    The only option i could see is to sue the tenant, but you could never get face brickwork back to how it was it would look like a patchwork quilt !
    Just a interesting thing in today culture

Many thanks
    jase

The holes are drilled in the mortar, and you have to look quite hard to find them. In fact the real problem is that they are difficult for EPC assessors to see so the EPC rating may not benefit from the work.

You should accept the work as a free improvement.

Comment

Do not allow any tenant to modify your property - - - Ever.

So he gets a cold call, therefore you KNOW it's from a cowboy operation.
      Even if it's a government scheme, 80% were found to be defective in their operation, and some were even closed down / contracts recinded.

If the job was done, and there are massive problems, and the tenant leaves with no forwarding address and you have no idea who did the insulation, ( contact will be between subtenant and installers, and not you ) - who are you going to sue ?

Also, last time i looked ( 18 months ) some are done by the energy companies and no one does it for free ( costing millions of £'s ) they increase the gas / electric price over 5 to 10 years to get their money back.

Cavity wall insulation if you live in Northern Canada where it's below freezing 6 months of the year, but not in U.K.

Don't do it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• licensee vs tenant
        imjustbait
        i have been given 14 days notice -

i asked my friend for help and to sort things out if possible, as he works in lettings etc -

he said to be this is a licensee contract not an (AST) one - (i didnt know)

basically, i want to know what rights i have to...
        07-02-2019, 20:58 PM
      • Reply to licensee vs tenant
        imjustbait
        Possibly im coming from the angle of the council is 'supposed to help its residents tooth and nail'
        24-06-2019, 13:06 PM
        jpkeates
        The response makes perfect sense.

You've been given a discretionary award to help pay your rent. which won't be refunded.
        The 12 months is conditional on you continuing to meet the requirements of the benefit, and your situation may change, so they won't pay future installments n...
        24-06-2019, 12:39 PM
      • Tenant choosing not to pay rent!
        FionaHI
        Hi

I have issued my tenant with notice to leave the house as they did not pay rent. She lost her job and couldn't afford to live there and I was sympathetic to them re this. I have since found out that they had enough money in the bank to pay the rent but have chosen not too! They still...
        24-06-2019, 11:08 AM
      • Reply to Tenant choosing not to pay rent!
        Hudson01
        I would take the time to ensure they had a nice CCJ to prevent them gaining credit in the future, this is the minimum i would do.
        24-06-2019, 12:27 PM
        imjustbait
        So.….

I 'implored' to the council/department who hands out awards and their response was basically: 'we wont be giving you a lump sum to pay your arrears because we don't know if you will find or get into work thereafter....' imagine that? the council is saying this...

I...
        24-06-2019, 12:25 PM
      • Reply to Tenant choosing not to pay rent!
        FionaHI
        Thank you. I am not expecting housing to discuss the tenants situation with me however I am very tempted to let them know that they are claiming money for rent and not paying it. I shall see how it pans out...
        24-06-2019, 12:23 PM
      • Bond or No Bond?
        TMTM
        Has anyone considered not taking a bond from a tenant?

With all the bond related paperwork landlords must get 100% correct, all the hoops that have got to be jumped through to prove to DPS (or other) that your claim is legitimate, the new five weeks rent equivalent rule, has anyone just...
        18-06-2019, 09:38 AM
      • Reply to Bond or No Bond?
        Hudson01
        This is how my thinking is going, its too stacked in the tenants favour....
        24-06-2019, 12:22 PM
      • Renewing Deposit - Original Deposit 6 Weeks Rent
        Claymore
        Hi

Just renewing a deposit for which I took a 6 week deposit 5 years ago. Just went in to renew on MyDeposits but it won't allow me to protect the original figure as it is more than 5 weeks rent.

Am I supposed to refund one week and protect just 5? Seems totally crazy if...
        24-06-2019, 10:59 AM
      Working...
      X