Whos name as "Landlord" on the AST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whos name as "Landlord" on the AST

Is it right that on the AST you put the managing agents name as the "landlord"? Or is it who is the land registry owner?

It actually works the other way round, whoever is named on the agreement as the landlord is the landlord.

If the managing agent is the landlord, that's who's name should go there.
    If, as it sounds, they're simply the landlord's agent, the name should be the landlords (and the tenant needs the landlord's address).

Who\s on the land registry is the property owner, which is something that can be unrelated (but usually isn't).
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks for your reply

So say if I am using an estate agent to manage the property, and yet i am the "landlord" i.e. owner. I would use my name on the AST under "Landlord" even though they are managing the tenancy?

Unless I am misunderstanding the difference of what a landlord is vs. the manager

Comment

You're the landlord and the agent is providing a service on your behalf.

If the agent ceased to exist, you'd still be the landlord and your tenant would still be your tenant.
        You receive the rent (ultimately) and you have all the legal liabilities of a landlord.

Your name and address (one where legal notices can be served on you or rent could be handed over) should be there as Landlord.

Lots of landlords use the agents address to keep it from their tenants.
        But that causes problems if the agent goes bust, or you change your property management provider (or do it yourself).
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks so much your responses today

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Tenant misleading everyone
            by DPT57
            I think the NTQ may be your best option. The tenant could defeat it by returning to live there but that would at least enable you to get the rent payments reinstated. If they dont return, the tenancy will end. You can serve the notice at the property, but make sure its also sent to wherever the tenant...
            16-06-2021, 22:08 PM
          • Tenant misleading everyone
            by bertha
            I have a tenant who is been difficult I think due to health/mental problems,for the last year I have not been able to carry out epc,gas inspections.It seems tenant has been staying elsewhere ,I informed housing I could not enter the property and was advised by landlord liason officer to get a locksmith,enter...
            14-06-2021, 13:20 PM
          • Reply to Inventory help
            by DPT57
            I based mine on an old RLA template. I think NRLA still have one. You could try that....
            16-06-2021, 22:00 PM
          • Inventory help
            by Helvie
            Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I could download a good quality inventory check list and guidance form, thanks.
            13-06-2021, 14:56 PM
          • Reply to New Tenancy
            by DPT57
            Your questions are too wide ranging for a forum. The answers would form a long article. Asking questions on here is not a substitute for reading. I suggest you join the NRLA and read all their guides and checklists....
            16-06-2021, 21:54 PM
          • New Tenancy
            by SpringGreen
            After the property is ready for advertistng what does a landlord need to mindful of.
            1. what are the pros and cons in terms of tenancy agreement CONTRACTUAL AND STATUORY ?
            2. applicants - how do landlord usually vet them ?
            3. inventories (what comments or descriptions to use ? )...
            12-06-2021, 09:11 AM
          • Reply to County Court Bailiffs 1 June
            by Perce
            Slackjawedyokel - my tenant does not seem to be in the property. I have no clue where he is or whether he will return.. The neighbours said that police were looking for him but when I checked with the police they could not find anything on the system. The police were very nice and helpful and asked...
            16-06-2021, 21:20 PM
          • County Court Bailiffs 1 June
            by Perce
            Hello

I have a warrant for repossession, the ban is over tomorrow. How long does it take to hear from the County Court Bailiffs ? 1 week ? 1 month? What is the process ?...
            31-05-2021, 11:30 AM
          • Reply to Pre action protocol
            by flat27
            Thank you for all your knowledge!! I’ve been reading about part 36 - they haven’t said it’s part 36 and they haven’t explained the basis of their figure. Also they have only given 7 days not 21.
            I assume therefore it cannot be taken as part 36?
            I’ve read that part 36 cannot be...
            16-06-2021, 21:07 PM
          • Pre action protocol
            by flat27
            Hi - my tenant has moved out and has caused extensive water damage due to not reporting a leak and just leaving it to cause damage. We have tried to claim damages but he does not want to sort this amicably- does anyone have a template pre action protocol letter to start the court process? Any advice...
            15-06-2021, 17:06 PM
          Working...
          X