Whos name as "Landlord" on the AST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whos name as "Landlord" on the AST

Is it right that on the AST you put the managing agents name as the "landlord"? Or is it who is the land registry owner?

It actually works the other way round, whoever is named on the agreement as the landlord is the landlord.

If the managing agent is the landlord, that's who's name should go there.
    If, as it sounds, they're simply the landlord's agent, the name should be the landlords (and the tenant needs the landlord's address).

Who\s on the land registry is the property owner, which is something that can be unrelated (but usually isn't).
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks for your reply

So say if I am using an estate agent to manage the property, and yet i am the "landlord" i.e. owner. I would use my name on the AST under "Landlord" even though they are managing the tenancy?

Unless I am misunderstanding the difference of what a landlord is vs. the manager

Comment

You're the landlord and the agent is providing a service on your behalf.

If the agent ceased to exist, you'd still be the landlord and your tenant would still be your tenant.
        You receive the rent (ultimately) and you have all the legal liabilities of a landlord.

Your name and address (one where legal notices can be served on you or rent could be handed over) should be there as Landlord.

Lots of landlords use the agents address to keep it from their tenants.
        But that causes problems if the agent goes bust, or you change your property management provider (or do it yourself).
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks so much your responses today

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X