Potentially buying a property with tenant insitu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these questions should be asked during conveyancing, a good experienced solicitor will investigate it, if you have been given false information then you’d have grounds to sue. All sorts of things during the house buying process could present issues, if you take the attitude that everything is potentially fraudulent then no house sale would ever move forward. All I’m saying to the OP is that it can be fine to buy with existing tenants but investigate it thoroughly and get a decent solicitor who has experience of transferring tenants.

if the tenancy started before Oct 2015 then the requirement was not there to supply the gas cert before the tenancy stared so cant see how that would prevent a S21 being severed.

Comment

Originally posted by Glover1862 View Post
      All sorts of things during the house buying process could present issues, if you take the attitude that everything is potentially fraudulent then no house sale would ever move forward.
      But buying with a tenant in situ is higher risk and should be priced accordingly.

All these questions should be asked during conveyancing, a good experienced solicitor will investigate it, if you have been given false information then you’d have grounds to sue.
      How many years of your life will that take, even assuming you are successful?

Not saying anything wrong with taking a punt, just make sure you go into it with eyes very wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by Glover1862 View Post
        All these questions should be asked during conveyancing,
        It is not a conveyancing issue; it is a purchase of business issue.

Comment

Most conveyancing solicitors wouldnt have a clue about the finer points.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• New Tenancy Issues
            AXY
            Good Evening All,

I found this forum by a happy accident and would like advice on a tenancy issues on which I am not an well versed in.

I have recently moved into a property which has a few issues that are making my stay as a tenant quite uncomfortable. The landlord was being...
            25-05-2019, 18:22 PM
          • Reply to New Tenancy Issues
            AXY
            Okay to clarify- I secured the flat through a lettings agency and I had even met F before agreeing to the let.
            Both the agency and myself always referred to the landlord by their last name even to this day and I never communicated with the landlord directly via email or phone before moving in....
            26-05-2019, 23:03 PM
          • Lettings Agent increasing the rent without asking the landlord
            Jimmy Bean
            I'm an independent landlord and have a happy tenant coming to the end of a 12 month rental agreement. The property was advertised and let with the help of a lettings agent on a let only agreement (not managed). I have found out from the tenant that he received a letter from the estate agency a month...
            26-05-2019, 14:11 PM
          • Reply to Lettings Agent increasing the rent without asking the landlord
            mariner
            You CAN sack the Agent, but it will prob take 3 mo. Read your Agent's Terms of Business Contract you agreed for severance payment.
            26-05-2019, 22:56 PM
            MdeB
            Not in any tenant find that I have agreed to.
            I make it clear to the agent that I want a one-off fee; my tenants generally stay for 3+ years.
            I also use my own tenancy agreement so that agent cannot sneak in any clauses beneficial to them....
            26-05-2019, 21:17 PM
            MdeB
            You write that
            1. The son (S) owns the property;
            2. S is named as LL in the tenancy agreement;
            3. You pay rent to S
            4. S is abroad.
            5. Father (F) is managing the property on behalf of S.
            You ask

To help answer that question, I need to know
            • Why are you dealing with F?
            • Was the instruction
            26-05-2019, 20:29 PM
          • Landlord's possessions in property
            jmp1991
            Hello,

Looking for some advice. We rent a property from a landlord which is managed by an agent.
            Once we moved in, we discovered several very large boxes of the landlord's possessions stored in the only cupboard.
            Due to this, we have ironing boards, hoovers, etc floating around...
            20-05-2019, 19:03 PM
          • Reply to Landlord's possessions in property
            Hudson01
            The landlord does appear to be getting cheap (i.e free) storage at your expense, i think you have acted totally correctly and in a fair manner, the landlord is taking the mickey.
            26-05-2019, 20:25 PM
            Hudson01
            They sound like sharks, i use the same kind of service from my agents and i then just let the AST go periodic, i tell the tenants this at the start of the lease and that i will not need another new contract signed, there will be no fees etc...... most are happy with this and sound surprised as in the...
            26-05-2019, 19:50 PM
            KTC
            You're describing a situation where the facts clearly show you had a tenancy long before any paperwork was produced by one side, and produced unilaterally in response to a court claim. When there's an agreed tenancy agreement where the person or company stated as landlord is by the facts of the case...
            26-05-2019, 18:22 PM
          Working...
          X