Legal Rights to enter property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just with regards to the issue of forcing entry with a locksmith I think this may risk being construed as an attempt at illegal eviction or at least harassment.

Also if the property is in Wales then a landlord could be looking at losing his license as it is a condition of the license to follow the code of practice. That states:

"Access to the property – Requirements
    4.7 Except in an emergency (e.g. a fire; problems with gas, electricity or escape
    of water that pose real risk of injury or significant damage to the property or
    neighbouring properties), tenants must be given at least 24 hours notice, in
    writing (or by any other means preferred by the tenant, such as a telephone
    call) requesting access to the property.
    4.8 Tenants have the right to peaceful enjoyment of the property they are renting.
    If there is a valid reason why entry is needed and if access is refused for
    whatever reason, a court order must be obtained.
    4.9 Forced entry must only be considered in case of an emergency or if there is
    no response to attempts to contact the tenant and there is genuine reason to
    believe the property has been abandoned
    by the tenant (25). "
    25 Part 1 (Unlawful Eviction and Harassment) of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.​​​​​​

https://www.rentsmart.gov.wales/Uplo...lish-Doc-1.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Hadenough21 View Post
      As it has been 2 months today since I issued the section 21. If I turn up tonight and they aren’t in. Am I allowed to change the locks and assume they have followed the section 21 instruction and not issue him a key?
      Originally posted by Ted.E.Bear View Post
      Do you want to get prosecuted for an illegal eviction?
      https://www.wired-gov.net/wg/news.ns...016124000?open
      There also Civil action too against LL.

Tenant could sue LL for damages under Housing Act 1988, Section 27 for illegal eviction ?
      Thunderbirds are go

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X