Wanting to give tenant notice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanting to give tenant notice.

I have a tenant on universal credit, she has been moved to the live version. I have not been paid this month and there are further arrears. She simply has not sorted this with Universal credit.

I want her to leave ASAP using either section 8 or 21. Can anyone recommend a good eviction company, I do not want to mess up and have to go back to the start.

Forum rules prohibit making such recommendations, but my guess is that most people on here do it themselves anyway

Comment

Get in touch with Universal Credit yourself (yes you can) and ask for a 'Managed Payment to Landlord' to be put in place.

DWP guidance, see section 2 about MPTLs:
      https://www.gov.uk/government/public...t-arrangements

Comment

Originally posted by nukecad View Post
        Get in touch with Universal Credit yourself (yes you can) and ask for a 'Managed Payment to Landlord' to be put in place.

DWP guidance, see section 2 about MPTLs:
        https://www.gov.uk/government/public...t-arrangements
        She has to bother applying for the money first

Comment

Sorry you said "I have a tenant on Universal Credit"

So I assumed that she was on UC.
          Just to be clear you don't have to make a seperate application for housing costs, with UC it's all one claim.

I suspect the problem here is the change from 'Live Service UC' to 'Full Service UC'.
          The DWP have cocked it up as usual.

I understand that it's not your problem, but it's not something your tenant has control of either.

Comment

Just to be clear you don't have to make a seperate application for housing costs, with UC it's all one claim.
            To an extend. The benefit applicant would have to provide evidence of how much rent is etc.
            I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by KTC View Post
              The benefit applicant would have to provide evidence of how much rent is etc.
              Indeed, but if you haven't put down where you are living, and provided details of your rent if applicable, then the UC claim can't be processed/awarded.
              It's an online process of the type that won't continue until you have filled in all the required fields.
              You then have to go to the Jobcentre and show them physical evidence of your rent amount, etc.

Part of the problem is that she will have provided all that when she claimed 'Live Service UC'.
              But the DWP's 'Live Service UC' and 'Full Service UC' computers can't communicate, it's another genius of planning.

So those moving from 'Live' to 'Full' have to give all their details and go through the whole application again, for something that ostensibly they have already claimed and had in payment.
              Not all of them understand this, or why they should have to again provide evidence of rent etc. Evidence that they have already provided once.

Even when they do provide all their details again, the DWP may then want to check the newly given details to the previous details, and as the computers can't communicate it is done manually and can take months before their 'correct' UC payments are made again.

It's just another one of the many UC problems for claimants, and by extension for their landlords.

Of course the DWP aren't particulary bothered how many lives and business they are disrupting.
              The have a culture of disdain for the very people that are supposed to be helping.
              You may have noticed this that hit the headlines this week, the DWP sent a submission to court calling the claimant a 'lying bitch'.
              (I've seen the copy of the original document).
              https://www.theguardian.com/politics...as-lying-bitch
              It's now also been brought up in Parliament.

UC is a good idea in principle, it the DWPs execution and management of it that is all pants.

Comment

UC is a good idea in principle
                Highly debatable.
                I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X