Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways of paying rent

Hi,

I have been searching ways the tenant can use to pay rent but could not find a post. At the moment the tenant is sending me a cheque every month and I have to reply her with the acknowledgement as a proof for receipt, and sometimes it got lost in the post.

Could you please help on ways I can provide the tenants to pay the rent apart from direct bank transfer?

Thanks

Martin_n

Originally posted by martin_n View Post
    Hi,

I have been searching ways the tenant can use to pay rent but could not find a post. At the moment the tenant is sending me a cheque every month and I have to reply her with the acknowledgement as a proof for receipt, and sometimes it got lost in the post.

Could you please help on ways I can provide the tenants to pay the rent apart from direct bank transfer?

Thanks

Martin_n
    Not sure whether, by "direct bank transfer", you mean:
    a. BACS payment (e.g. telephone/internet banking); or
    b. Standing Order.

What is T's problem in paying you by one or other of these methods?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Although I prefer my tenants to pay their rent by standing order, some prefer not to. These I equip with a paying in book for the appropriate account. They can then go down to their local branch of my bank and pay by cheque or, in some cases, cash. The stamped counterfoils of the book act as proof that they have paid their rent and, for me, the system works well.

P.P.
      Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

A bit off topic, In france, some LL get their T not through money but 'other services'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ts/7290139.stm

and no I am suggesting that you do the same

Personally, I use a mixture of BACS and pay-in books.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X