Joint landlords. One now with LPA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joint landlords. One now with LPA.

One of our joint landlords now has a Lasting Power Of Attorney representing him. We are on a statutory periodic AST. Should the LPA have issude a new section 48 and or section 3 notice? The other landlord has also now changed as well. no section 3 or 48 received but they have sent us new bank account details. Do we keep paying the rent to the old account?

With the LPA, I think the original landlord is the same, the Attorney is simply acting on their behalf, so the landlord hasn't changed.

If the other landlord has changed, they should tell you so formally and, yes, you should either continue as before or withhold payment until the position is clear.
    There's no particular format for the notices, so if they have given the information required, the regulations have probably been satisfied.

Unless there's a reason to be obstructive or a lack of certainty, there's no particular reason to make an issue of it.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

The money being paid into the wrong account isn't your issue.
      Being given new bank account details is fine, unless you have reason to suspect a fraud of some kind (eg. it's not the landlord's bank account).

If there are issues with the property, write and detail them all and ask for a response with a proposed course of action and a timescale.
      You could point out at the same time that they are currently committing a criminal offence by not serving the correct notice.

The trouble with rubbish landlords who don't know what they're supposed to do is that they never change.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X