Letting agent has given me someone else's keys and is not responding to letters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting agent has given me someone else's keys and is not responding to letters.

I have written to a well known Residential letting agent in Winchester to end our agreement due to their fantastic incompetence over many years. I went into the office to ask for my keys to the property, and subsequently found that they had given me two of mine and two more that do not fit my property. Some of my keys are therefore missing.

I wrote to them in January to end the contract, pointing out a number of their failings as explanation, to ask for a financial statement, and to point out that they have failed to properly account for my keys and for the keys to someone else's property as well.

Having heard nothing and received no money, I wrote to them again in February. This time I said it was an official complaint and listed various elements of the ARLA Client Money Protection Scheme and the Code of Practice of The Property Ombudsman of which they were in breach, as they claim to be signed up to both. One of these is that they acknowledge a complaint within 3 working days and investigate within 15 working days. Although I have now received some money I have still not heard anything at all from them.

Any ideas what I can do in my third letter, due shortly, that will get a reply out of them? What should I do about my keys, and can I charge them for a locksmith if necessary? Does anyone else on here have a property in Winchester with a couple of keys missing, in which case I may be able to help you? Does anyone have a property in Winchester and now wonders whether they have any keys missing? The agent still hasn't even asked for them back!

Thanks in advance.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X