I feel sick with new rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel sick with new rules

Good evening ,Please can some one give me sound advise.From what I understand from June Rental agencies are not charging tenants a deposit, also Tenants can move into a property ,& when they leave I am going to have to clean it through myself ready for the next tenant.We have just had tenants leave a 1 Bedroom place & the mess they have left is disgusting with their dog poo in their private back garden.I have a Husband with terminal.cancer & don't need this on top of everything else,so yet again the smaller landlord is forced out of the market .I am the kindest landlady who has values of wanting a nice neat I bed ground floor place to be respected .But I might just as well pack up & leave.regards Amanda18h

Originally posted by amanda18h View Post
    Tenants can move into a property ,& when they leave I am going to have to clean it through myself ready for the next tenant.
    AFAIK, that is just a rule invented by a particularly prescriptive Landlordzone member.

However, you are partly right, in that deposits are now more trouble than they are worth. Just do what I do, and add a little bit onto the rent in lieu of deposit. Then you'll have a few quid saved up for cleaners. I also don't take pets any more, in view of mickey-taking by pet owners.

Comment

Hi Thanks for your reply.This new ruling will put many smaller landlords off renting out altogether.Might just as well say ok don't worry you live in my property, enjoy using it.When you move out trash it!! We will clear your mess you leave behind.I often wonder if these agency s reference these tenants properly .!!

Comment

I don't know where people came to the conclusion that tenants can trash a property on exit and be freed from any liability because of the Tenant Fees Act.....
        I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

from June Rental agencies are not charging tenants a deposit
          That is wrong.
          Agencies may not charge fees, but deposits of 5 weeks rent are still allowed.
          https://www.landlordsguild.com/under...fees-act-2019/

Comment

My understanding is that from 1st June the deposit taken can be a maximum of 5 weeks rent. You cannot sign the tenant up to any third party services eg cleaning as part of their tenancy but you can still charge them for cleaning at the end of the tenancy if the place is left dirty. The Fees ban will affect agents mostly not landlords and genuine deductions from deposits are still allowed.

Comment

Hi Thanks for your reply.This new ruling will put many smaller landlords off renting out altogether
              most "smaller landlords" are ignorant of many of the previous rules let alone new ones... yet they still plough on regardless and get in a right mess. Good luck to em

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X