Cold shower for 5 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold shower for 5 months

I really need some advice of what to do here. This is my first rental so I'm very inexperienced in dealing with this stuff. Basically my showers been freezing cold for about 5ish months now (I don't have a bath if that matters). It was temperamental before that (which I also reported to no avail) but then gave up all together and doesnt heat at all. Ive reported it through the repairs app 4 times, one of which was marked as repaired (no one even came out) and 2 of which they deleted. I even had an inspection in that time during which I was asked of repairs and had the inspector test the shower (who said it was really cold and would report it ASAP). I only have contact with the agency, I have no idea of my actual landlord/s and I'm losing my mind. I have nowhere else I can move to that I can afford in this location, I don't know what to do.

You should have been given your landlords contact details. The letting agent is obliged to provide this information if you request it in writing. Follow Shelter's advice here and write to your landlord. https://england.shelter.org.uk/housi...ivate_landlord You should ask for a reduction in the rent for the period when you have been deprived of hot water.

You should also check what redress scheme the letting agent belongs to and complain to them. https://england.shelter.org.uk/housi...ont_do_repairs

Comment

Go into the agents and insist they send someone to repair and get a time and date. That is quite ridiculous to wait 5 months.

Also get onto you local council's Environmental Health department and tell them you have not had hot shower water for 5 months. They will shake the landlord up.
      For £3 you can look on the Land Registry website, put in your address and it will show the owner on the title deed.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

What do you expect if you don't follow up reported defects? Some intermittent defects do correct themselves, but in most cases LL is required to investigate.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X