Painted without permission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted without permission

So I rent from a housing association and on their website it says we can paint, etc whenever we want. So ive painted the joint living room kitchen, and part of the hallway. I then spoke to a neighbour who moved in the same time as me and said i was painting, to which she said didnt think we could paint yet as we are in a defult period for 1 year, as we are in new build flats. I messaged my housing association and theyve said that my defult period ends at the end of march, and thats when i can decorate without permission, i didnt mention that i had already started!

I now have a property inspection coming up and Im scared that im going to be evicted or get a bollocking! I dont know if im being really paranoid (i have really bad anxiety anyway) about that or if thats what can happen. I have stopped painting, since i heard this but im feeling really worried about my inspection.

my flat is super clean and tidy in general and i look after it, im a good tenant and dont cause any issues but this is concerning me

Any advice appreciated!

What tenancy do you have? Is it introductory? Don't worry about it anyway, just tell them you didn't realise, and apologise. They are more concerned with rent arrears and asb than minor indiscretions.

Comment

What does it say in your tenancy agreement?

Comment

I think its introductory, i re-sign at the end of march for the next 5 years. Just had a read through my tenancy agreement they emailed me when I moved in and it says nothing about not decorating. If anything it says im responsible for decorating. The defult period is with the development company, i just assume that if any cracks, etc appear that i wont be covered, but it doesnt affect my tenancy agreement? Or am i wrong there

Comment

They can't expect you to do what hadn't been communicated to you. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it either, unless it's black paint

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Tenant in situ
              by jpucng62
              What about getting them to surrender existing tenancy and then signing a new one? Would that work?...
              24-01-2022, 16:52 PM
            • Tenant in situ
              by Bridge2020
              I’m looking at buying another property to rent out. The one I’m looking at has a tenant in situ. I have seen a copy of the AST and payments to the agents.
              Anyone have any experience of this please ?...
              20-01-2022, 08:29 AM
            • Trying to end tenancy early
              by asez
              Hello,

I'm trying to end my tenancy early due to a relationship breakdown with my housemate, hostility, bullying and my items going missing. There's currently four of us on the agreement which I'm trying to leave. I haven't lived there, apart from around 15 days(when the housemate was away)...
              24-01-2022, 16:47 PM
            • Reply to Rent a Room scheme
              by theartfullodger
              a) so the mobile home does not provide the (very) basic facilities that any tenant or judge would expect for a dwelling....
              b) Agree with jpk: Should it get to court (which is when the issue matters..) can;t see any judge deciding it's anything but a tenancy & you the landlord er... not at...
              24-01-2022, 16:26 PM
            • Rent a Room scheme
              by lgr001
              I have a mobile home next to my property. Do I qualify for the rent a room scheme if I rent out the mobile home but the occupant must use the shower and washing facilities in my house i.e. so that the mobile home is not a separate unit of accommodation? There is a provision by the council that it...
              24-01-2022, 14:25 PM
            • Reply to Tenant in situ
              by jpkeates
              It's almost impossible to reset the tenancy with a new agreement.
              The buyer will inherit the previous tenancy at the same point that they're able to let the property on the new agreement, so any new tenancy is going to be a follow on tenancy.
              So things that need to be done at the very start...
              24-01-2022, 14:57 PM
            • Reply to Rent a Room scheme
              by jpkeates
              You're really going to struggle with that not being a tenancy.
              If the tenant can lock the door to exclude you, and they could wash in a sink, that's likely to be a dwelling house.
              24-01-2022, 14:52 PM
            • Reply to Regulated Tenancy
              by AVJ113
              Yep, that's exactly what has happened....
              24-01-2022, 14:12 PM
            • Regulated Tenancy
              by AVJ113
              I have a basic understanding of regulated tenancy. I'm looking to buy a property with a tenant in situ on a regulated tenancy. In the real world, what are the pros and cons? Is there anyone with any experience?
              24-01-2022, 13:38 PM
            • Reply to Regulated Tenancy
              by DoricPixie
              How basic is your understanding?

From your other thread you are seeing a broker about a BTL mortgage. I think you will struggle to secure a BTL mortgage against a property with a Regulated Tenancy in place....
              24-01-2022, 14:05 PM
            Working...
            X