Painted without permission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted without permission

So I rent from a housing association and on their website it says we can paint, etc whenever we want. So ive painted the joint living room kitchen, and part of the hallway. I then spoke to a neighbour who moved in the same time as me and said i was painting, to which she said didnt think we could paint yet as we are in a defult period for 1 year, as we are in new build flats. I messaged my housing association and theyve said that my defult period ends at the end of march, and thats when i can decorate without permission, i didnt mention that i had already started!

I now have a property inspection coming up and Im scared that im going to be evicted or get a bollocking! I dont know if im being really paranoid (i have really bad anxiety anyway) about that or if thats what can happen. I have stopped painting, since i heard this but im feeling really worried about my inspection.

my flat is super clean and tidy in general and i look after it, im a good tenant and dont cause any issues but this is concerning me

Any advice appreciated!

What tenancy do you have? Is it introductory? Don't worry about it anyway, just tell them you didn't realise, and apologise. They are more concerned with rent arrears and asb than minor indiscretions.

Comment

What does it say in your tenancy agreement?

Comment

I think its introductory, i re-sign at the end of march for the next 5 years. Just had a read through my tenancy agreement they emailed me when I moved in and it says nothing about not decorating. If anything it says im responsible for decorating. The defult period is with the development company, i just assume that if any cracks, etc appear that i wont be covered, but it doesnt affect my tenancy agreement? Or am i wrong there

Comment

They can't expect you to do what hadn't been communicated to you. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it either, unless it's black paint

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X