Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ending an AST which is now periodic but started in Feb '15

Hi Friends,

Apologies in advance as I'm sure this has been asked before.

I would like to end an AST which commenced for 6 months on 28/02/15, which has been a periodic since August '15.

Am I correct in issuing a S21 Periodic s21(4)(a), or a 6a??

Also do i have to provide a 'How to Rent Guide' for a tenancy which started back then? If so can I give it at the time of serving notice?

Please help

You can use a notice under s21 (not Form 6a - although you can use that form if you wish).
    I wouldn't specify that it is under (4)a as that isn't necessary (and limits the ex[iry date to the end of a tenancy period) - if you use Form 6a it gives the correct reference to the applicable law.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by Gunsome View Post
      Hi Friends,
      Also do i have to provide a 'How to Rent Guide' for a tenancy which started back then?
      No .
      I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

The 'Right to Rent Book' had to be given for ASTs after 1st October 2015.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

I think I'd serve the one contemporary with the start of the periodic tenancy if that was after 1st October 2015, just to be sure.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Why confuse matter by giving it? Section 41 of the Deregulation Act 2015 is clear.
            I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Because judges are weird creatures.
              It can't do any harm - it just outlines some helpful information for tenants including things about the end of a tenancy.

Comment

There are legal minds that believe that all S21 notices must now be on a form 6A.
                (it is a subtle argument on legal processes).

Comment

Just use Form 6A, it's not worth trying to be a edge test case. You can note to the tenant that what the form say about How to Rent, GSC, and EPC don't apply due to the date of the tenancy in case they get confused and think the notice isn't valid.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X