How to return part of the deposit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon66 View Post
    Some ll prefer not to have a tenancy ending at particular times for reasons such as not being in the uk during the school holidays, not wanting a tenancy to end nov/dec as the potential for a longer void is there, etc etc
    That would only happen if the tenant gives notice and if that's their intention they wont want to sign a new contract.

Comment

True but i granted a new lease for 5 months as it then ended 1st April a couple of weeks before i leave for the summer so i can control when the void is. But of course it depends on the type of tenant you have and their reasonableness.

Comment

Obviously if you reduce the deposit you are going to increase the rent in accordance with the increased risk. Or better still, increase the rent by 1/6th to match the deposit......

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Tenant handed keys back before court date
          by river11
          My tenant hasn't paid rent since February due to an accident and then Covid19 and I served a section 8 on 25 March. As the courts weren't touching anything for 3 months I've just paid the £325 via PCOL last week to start the possession proceedings and money claim for several £1000s.
          I've been...
          09-07-2020, 17:57 PM
        • Reply to Temperamental Water Supply in Flat.
          by Section20z
          I'm seriously confused. I haven't even got a hedge
          09-07-2020, 17:46 PM
        • Temperamental Water Supply in Flat.
          by dowdtw
          Hi. I rent in London in a converted house which is now 4 separate flats.

We get temperamental water supply into our flat. This is caused when other flats within the converted block are using water. Sometimes, little water, other times none at all. We have approached the landlord...
          06-07-2020, 11:56 AM
          by jpkeates
          I'm slightly confused.

The responsibility for the supplier for water pipes ends when the pipe comes onto your property.
          I suspect that's where the stopcock is that they're talking about.

There's a stop cock next to the meter when the water comes under my border hedge....
          09-07-2020, 17:36 PM
          by Section20z
          Now - for the sheer joy of getting away with breaking the law.
          previously - regularly turning stop cock prevents seizure, prevents winter floods in vacant properties and is particularly useful when working on the water system
          In fact my AST's make a point of advising tenants where the main...
          09-07-2020, 17:06 PM
        • Reply to Conservatory/patio roof maintenance
          by jpkeates
          That article is a load of cr@p.

There's possibly a debate about the Denning text and it's possibly overdue another test case.
          But that article is just page filler.

If it's made explicit in the tenancy agreement that does remove any confusion.
          The tenant is agreeing...
          09-07-2020, 15:52 PM
        • Conservatory/patio roof maintenance
          by leafytree2020
          Hi, I am looking for some advice as a tenant.

I live in a flat in a converted Victorian house in England. I've been living here for more than two years, and have a rolling tenancy (initial fixed term was 12 months). The property has an adjoining patio with perspex roof which is for our...
          09-07-2020, 10:35 AM
        • Reply to Polystyrene and ceramic tiles falling off - rented flat
          by DPT57
          Your landlord is clearly someone who is either wilfully unaware of the law or simply not bothered by it. You have mentioned several areas where he is in breach and my guess is that there are probably several others, such as gas safety compliance. I think that you should try to persusde your flatmates...
          09-07-2020, 15:49 PM
        • Polystyrene and ceramic tiles falling off - rented flat
          by cfdh
          Hi everyone

I was hoping to get some advice about the flat I am renting.

Every single room in the flat has polystyrene tiled ceilings, including the kitchen and bathroom. Many of these are starting to come off, including one directly above our gas cooker! There is a fire alarm...
          07-07-2020, 11:53 AM
        • Reply to Conservatory/patio roof maintenance
          by AndrewDod
          The gutter article you refer to seems nonsense to me. The fact that a job is dangerous (lawnmowing is dangerous) has nothing to do one way or the other with responsibility for doing OR DELEGATING it. The default position is that the tenant keeps leaves out of the gutters (and if they block, makes good...
          09-07-2020, 15:25 PM
        Working...
        X