• Show
Clear All

Heads up Radio 2 Landlord Bashing

On Radio 2 Now lunchtime, Land lord bashing by ill informed people

Latest Activity

Collapse

• I didn't provide tenant with the "How to Rent" guide
    Parakeet
    I know - I'm an idiot. Now we've established that, could anyone tell me does this mean I now have no hope of evicting by Section 21? They moved in in 2017 and we have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy which has now become a periodic tenancy. I feel I'm going to be going down the eviction route in future...
    22-02-2019, 10:54 AM
  • Reply to I didn't provide tenant with the "How to Rent" guide
    DPT57
    Just send it to them now, PRIOR to sending the s21 notice. I can't recall whether you still have to be careful to send the version that applied at the time the tenancy began as well as the one when it went periodic (if applicable) or whether the Courts don't bother with that now.

Hopefully...
    22-02-2019, 10:57 AM
  • Gifted appliances
    Commonsense
    I hope I’m ok to ask a question as a tenant here! I have lived in a rented property for almost ten years. It’s rented from a large housing association at market rate rent on an assured shorthold tenancy. Within the rent, we pay a service charge of about £30 a month for maintenance of landscaping,...
    22-02-2019, 10:40 AM
  • Reply to Gifted appliances
    jpkeates
    They're not delegating responsibility for maintenance, they're stopping supplying the items as a service and giving them to you.
    Whether they can do that or not depends on what you rent from them - if it includes the appliances, they can't stop supplying them, even if they give them to you in...
    22-02-2019, 10:53 AM
  • Debt Collection
    Sweepiecat
    Can anybody help please. I own a flat that is fully managed by a letting agency I’ve dealt with for 12 years. I received a letter from a debt collection agency asking me to ring them. I phoned them today and have found out there is an outstanding bill (which has been sold to the debt collection agency)...
    18-02-2019, 22:53 PM
  • Reply to Debt Collection
    Raiden328i
    I've got spark energy asking for £330 for a gas and electric which is wrong as I owe about £40. Long story but I had a void period of 4 weeks and explained the gas was pay as you go but they still kept getting the bill wrong. I said in the end i'm not paying it and send the bailiffs round.
    22-02-2019, 10:25 AM
    jpkeates
    The practical problem here is that British Gas have chased the debt as much as they can and have now sold it.

There's no incentive for British Gas to get involved to sort out the issue.
    They'd simply be cancelling a debt that they'd sold (and probably returning some money to the debt...
    22-02-2019, 10:15 AM
    Berlingogirl
    This happened to me once. The T put the electric bill in my name. When she left I got a high bill. I had taken the readings when she left and told the supplier what she had done and I would pay my share from the date T left and the reading on that day. In the end they accepted this.
    22-02-2019, 09:56 AM
  • Painted without permission
    Purplepolo
    So I rent from a housing association and on their website it says we can paint, etc whenever we want. So ive painted the joint living room kitchen, and part of the hallway. I then spoke to a neighbour who moved in the same time as me and said i was painting, to which she said didnt think we could paint...
    21-02-2019, 16:20 PM
  • Reply to Painted without permission
    Berlingogirl
    I wouldn't worry about it either, unless it's black paint ...
    22-02-2019, 09:47 AM
Working...
X