Section 21 grey area help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow okay bit more to got through then yet , ok one step at a time then . Thank you

Comment

Hi everyone
      so it looks like the tenant may have vacated the property .
      Does anyone have a ideas which is the best route of rent arrears do I just make a small claims now? Do I need solicit for this or can I do it myself . I know In the previous post seems a bit more complicated. I want to go for a ccj against her. What order will I need to go through .

many thanks

Comment

Attachment of earnings is good as whenever they get a job it will be automatically deducted from their salary. It sounds like it will be a slow process whicever way you go. The funds will just trickle through, better to write off in your head and then be pleasantly surprised after say 3 years when they balance is paid off

Comment

Brilliant thank you .

Another issue has arisen would you believe , so we went to the property sat and the door was left open and a window downstairs . The house is a mess what I expected really . She has also sent a reference to the people she is renting from now in my name used a email address that isn’t even mine too.

Comment

If the tenant is now living somewhere else, are there still possessions in your property?

Wait until you have possession of your own property before telling the new landlord about the forged reference.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

She’s moved out , the locks have been changed all possessions have gone . I have possession through s court order .

Comment

Hi Also forgot to mention the metres had been changed to a prepayment metres without my knowledge or consent what can I do about this .

Comment

Originally posted by helop897 View Post
                  Hi Also forgot to mention the metres had been changed to a prepayment metres without my knowledge or consent what can I do about this .
                  Just make sure you ring up & give readings, or you will be paying off your tenant's debt.

I left prepayment meters in place recently in a property in a chavvy area. Maybe worth considering?

Comment

Originally posted by helop897 View Post
                    Convert them back if you want to, the tenant is (basically) allowed to change the meters without your consent.
                    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                      Convert them back if you want to, the tenant is (basically) allowed to change the meters without your consent.
                      When this happened to me I could not change them back as LL; the next tenant had to do it.
                      Probably so the energy company could assess the next tenant before allowing more credit.

Comment

Then change the supplier to someone that will.
                        I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Heya ,
                          The energy suppliers are going to change it back for it me hooray . Thank you everyone for your help 😊

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Tenant misleading everyone
                            by DPT57
                            I think the NTQ may be your best option. The tenant could defeat it by returning to live there but that would at least enable you to get the rent payments reinstated. If they dont return, the tenancy will end. You can serve the notice at the property, but make sure its also sent to wherever the tenant...
                            16-06-2021, 22:08 PM
                          • Tenant misleading everyone
                            by bertha
                            I have a tenant who is been difficult I think due to health/mental problems,for the last year I have not been able to carry out epc,gas inspections.It seems tenant has been staying elsewhere ,I informed housing I could not enter the property and was advised by landlord liason officer to get a locksmith,enter...
                            14-06-2021, 13:20 PM
                          • Reply to Inventory help
                            by DPT57
                            I based mine on an old RLA template. I think NRLA still have one. You could try that....
                            16-06-2021, 22:00 PM
                          • Inventory help
                            by Helvie
                            Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I could download a good quality inventory check list and guidance form, thanks.
                            13-06-2021, 14:56 PM
                          • Reply to New Tenancy
                            by DPT57
                            Your questions are too wide ranging for a forum. The answers would form a long article. Asking questions on here is not a substitute for reading. I suggest you join the NRLA and read all their guides and checklists....
                            16-06-2021, 21:54 PM
                          • New Tenancy
                            by SpringGreen
                            After the property is ready for advertistng what does a landlord need to mindful of.
                            1. what are the pros and cons in terms of tenancy agreement CONTRACTUAL AND STATUORY ?
                            2. applicants - how do landlord usually vet them ?
                            3. inventories (what comments or descriptions to use ? )...
                            12-06-2021, 09:11 AM
                          • Reply to County Court Bailiffs 1 June
                            by Perce
                            Slackjawedyokel - my tenant does not seem to be in the property. I have no clue where he is or whether he will return.. The neighbours said that police were looking for him but when I checked with the police they could not find anything on the system. The police were very nice and helpful and asked...
                            16-06-2021, 21:20 PM
                          • County Court Bailiffs 1 June
                            by Perce
                            Hello

I have a warrant for repossession, the ban is over tomorrow. How long does it take to hear from the County Court Bailiffs ? 1 week ? 1 month? What is the process ?...
                            31-05-2021, 11:30 AM
                          • Reply to Pre action protocol
                            by flat27
                            Thank you for all your knowledge!! I’ve been reading about part 36 - they haven’t said it’s part 36 and they haven’t explained the basis of their figure. Also they have only given 7 days not 21.
                            I assume therefore it cannot be taken as part 36?
                            I’ve read that part 36 cannot be...
                            16-06-2021, 21:07 PM
                          • Pre action protocol
                            by flat27
                            Hi - my tenant has moved out and has caused extensive water damage due to not reporting a leak and just leaving it to cause damage. We have tried to claim damages but he does not want to sort this amicably- does anyone have a template pre action protocol letter to start the court process? Any advice...
                            15-06-2021, 17:06 PM
                          Working...
                          X