Section 21 grey area help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow okay bit more to got through then yet , ok one step at a time then . Thank you

Comment

Hi everyone
      so it looks like the tenant may have vacated the property .
      Does anyone have a ideas which is the best route of rent arrears do I just make a small claims now? Do I need solicit for this or can I do it myself . I know In the previous post seems a bit more complicated. I want to go for a ccj against her. What order will I need to go through .

many thanks

Comment

Attachment of earnings is good as whenever they get a job it will be automatically deducted from their salary. It sounds like it will be a slow process whicever way you go. The funds will just trickle through, better to write off in your head and then be pleasantly surprised after say 3 years when they balance is paid off

Comment

Brilliant thank you .

Another issue has arisen would you believe , so we went to the property sat and the door was left open and a window downstairs . The house is a mess what I expected really . She has also sent a reference to the people she is renting from now in my name used a email address that isn’t even mine too.

Comment

If the tenant is now living somewhere else, are there still possessions in your property?

Wait until you have possession of your own property before telling the new landlord about the forged reference.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

She’s moved out , the locks have been changed all possessions have gone . I have possession through s court order .

Comment

Hi Also forgot to mention the metres had been changed to a prepayment metres without my knowledge or consent what can I do about this .

Comment

Originally posted by helop897 View Post
                  Hi Also forgot to mention the metres had been changed to a prepayment metres without my knowledge or consent what can I do about this .
                  Just make sure you ring up & give readings, or you will be paying off your tenant's debt.

I left prepayment meters in place recently in a property in a chavvy area. Maybe worth considering?

Comment

Originally posted by helop897 View Post
                    Convert them back if you want to, the tenant is (basically) allowed to change the meters without your consent.
                    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                      Convert them back if you want to, the tenant is (basically) allowed to change the meters without your consent.
                      When this happened to me I could not change them back as LL; the next tenant had to do it.
                      Probably so the energy company could assess the next tenant before allowing more credit.

Comment

Then change the supplier to someone that will.
                        I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

Comment

Heya ,
                          The energy suppliers are going to change it back for it me hooray . Thank you everyone for your help 😊

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X