licensee vs tenant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks,

My friend thought it was a bit strange as well (he thought they used a name as a front of some kind, which to me I have no idea of. He also said to me that the landlord probably doesn't even know that the agency is letting out a room or rooms, and is trying to make a quick buck).

So right now as it stands its possible this whole thing could get thrown out? But I would still need to attend to find that bit out...….?

Comment

You need to attend anyway.
      If the landlord turns up and you don't, you'll almost certainly be evicted automatically.

If you turn up and the landlord doesn't, that will be the end of the process (the landlord or agent will have to apply for a new possession order).
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Heres to hoping that is the case then...

Comment

I have received general form of order from the courts.

The update was, upon hearing the council for the claimant, and upon mr joe bloggs not attending....

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

1) CLAIM IS STRUCK OUT

What does that ACTUALLY mean? who came out successor in this situation? I did not go to the court. Does this mean the judge struck out the claimants claim and now everything is fine.....?

I look forward to your updates.

Comment

How on earth did the landlord's claim get struck out when you didn't bother to turn up?

I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

before this letter, I received a letter of order from the courts saying:

it is hereby heard in court that:

the licence agreement is in a different name to the claimant (or something like that)

im assuming it has something to do with the licence agreement and it being in the agency name, and the claimant is in a persons name.....????

Comment

right now, I don't know if a part of the hearing was struck out, or if the whole hearing was struck out.

if I e-mail the courts, will they send me a transcript or any more info on what exactly happened or what the next steps are.....?

Comment

Originally posted by imjustbait View Post
                  right now, I don't know if a part of the hearing was struck out, or if the whole hearing was struck out.
                  Err...........

1) CLAIM IS STRUCK OUT
                  I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

ok, what would that mean for me....? as this was all regarding rent, as I wasn't paying my rent from February 19' (up till now)… So does this mean I still have to pay rent ('legally'), or I am now living here rent free, is the question I want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by KTC View Post
                      How on earth did the landlord's claim get struck out when you didn't bother to turn up?
                      The court notice sent to the landlord was returned unopened, so the court has (probably) struck out the claim on that procedural basis.

ok, what would that mean for me....? as this was all regarding rent, as I wasn't paying my rent from February 19' (up till now)… So does this mean I still have to pay rent ('legally'), or I am now living here rent free, is the question I want to know.
                      What's happened is that the landlord's first attempt to get repossession through the courts has failed.

Of course, you have to pay rent, and you continue to owe the rent that you haven't paid.
                      The longer you live there and don't pay rent, the more you will owe.
                      You're receiving benefits specifically to pay the rent, so not paying it is a choice.
                      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

i think that was the basis of my argument which I wanted to find out and clarify on...

Thanks,

Comment

I forwarded on the information to my solicitor - she contacted them and they informed my solicitor they will be seeking another re-possession order - so I guess watch this space...

How long is that process (on average?)

My solicitor has also asked them/and their solicitor as to why the claim got 'struck out'... We await to hear the reason for this....

Comment

If the landlord didn't receive the paperwork or respond, the case is automatically struck out.

Comment

the court told me they did receive it when I called them, as they said it was returned but they contacted the court to re-send the paperwork - so its not to do with that its something else....

Comment

I forwarded on the information to my solicitor ...
                                You have a solicitor who either also didn't turn up to the hearing, or you didn't instruct them to attend? What's the point of engaging a solicitor there?

Of course your landlord is going to try again, you're still not paying rent.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X