No PI for original or renewal AST.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just been checking through things and I'm not sure if this could make things more of a problem?

We signed our 12m AST on 23/05/17 for it to commence on 01/06/17. The deposit information in the AST wasn't complete.

On the part where it mentions the deposit, it says the tenant WILL pay £2630 for the deposit. We hadn't yet paid it and didn't until 30/05/17.
    I then had an email from the agent the same day we paid the deposit, saying they would send the PI within 30 days.

Obviously they knew they had to still serve it again and properly, but they didn't.

I'm wondering, because we signed the AST before we paid the deposit, would any of the deposit info in the AST be sufficient to keep them safe from me claiming or would everything had to have been served AFTER the day I paid the deposit? If the latter is the case, then we have received absolutely nothing for PI.

Hope that makes sense?

Should they have also told me it was the agents that would be managing the deposit with DPS? Because of that, can it still be the landlord I take to court or would it have to be the agent, as it was them managing the DPS account?

Comment

Originally posted by themysciramama View Post
      I'm wondering, because we signed the AST before we paid the deposit, would any of the deposit info in the AST be sufficient to keep them safe from me claiming or would everything had to have been served AFTER the day I paid the deposit? If the latter is the case, then we have received absolutely nothing for PI.
      If the contract contained a section that provided the prescribed information (including the required certification words), then that is a technicality that would require a judge to determine; it could be argued both ways.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X